D.J. ZELTLAGER 1934 OBERBANN II/8

Hi Joe,

your topic was probably the so-called "Hochlandlager".

Link: Hochlandlager – Wikipedia

Photostrecke: Hochlandlager - Recherche Google

Thank you for sharing another "gem" from your collection! (y)

Micha
P.S. The topic is still active today and is of course national, as is almost always the case in our topic area.
A rating is forbidden to me, I'll do the devil to speak out personally about it.

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

your topic was probably the so-called "Hochlandlager".

Link: Hochlandlager – Wikipedia

Photostrecke: Hochlandlager - Recherche Google

Thank you for sharing another "gem" from your collection! (y)

Micha
P.S. The topic is still active today and is of course national, as is almost always the case in our topic area.
A rating is forbidden to me, I'll do the devil to speak out personally about it.
I dont understand what you mean in your PS comment, Micha.

Hi Joe,

the topic of the "Hochlandlager" is not closed to this day, for this reason my comment.
Perhaps I'm being overly cautious personally, but I personally would hate to be brought up on this subject.
These discussions are usually still politically/historically oriented today, and these topics are taboo in many German internet forums.

It's hard to convey all of this to an American collector, but you'll see what I mean.
For a German like me, our entire range of topics is always a tightrope walk.
A tightrope walk between fascination and disgust.
I hope, I explained myself clearly and properly, thanks for reading.

Micha

P.S. If the two of us sat together at a regulars' table with a glass of beer, then everything would be resolved within a few minutes.
But this is the internet, here every written word is weighed on a gold scale, international...

Last edited:
The tinnie has nothing to do with the Hochlandlager (an annual event for the Banne within Gebiet 19 Hochland). The tinnie says "Oberbann II/8" which can logically only mean: Oberbann 2 within Gebiet 8 in turn which translates to:

Oberbann 2 (Hildesheim) within Gebiet 8 (Niedersachsen).

This particular Oberbann contained eight DJ Jungbanne in 1934:

1/79
2/79
1/82
2/82
1/256
2/256
1/257
2/257

The tinnie has nothing to do with the Hochlandlager (an annual event for the Banne within Gebiet 19 Hochland). The tinnie says "Oberbann II/8" which can logically only mean: Oberbann 2 within Gebiet 8 in turn which translates to:

Oberbann 2 (Hildesheim) within Gebiet 8 (Niedersachsen).

This particular Oberbann contained eight DJ Jungbanne in 1934:

1/79
2/79
1/82
2/82
1/256
2/256
1/257
2/257

Hi Gary - thank you very much for the information on my tinnie. I have already added it to my files.
Regards Joe

"Understood and thank you for speaking out. I wish we could have a beer together, maybe 2.🍺"

Thank you Joe,
you are always welcome at every german regulars' table, for a glass of beer, or two... ;)

Micha

Back