Deutsche Jugend Erwache Bremen 1930

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good morning from Sunny Scotland,

Yes, believe it or not but its true the sunny is shining in Scotland lol.
I have just purchased this tinnie, I know it is not TR period but it a beauiful little detailed early Jugend badge.

BREMEN 1930 DEUTSCHE JUGEND ERWACHE !
1 JUNGSTA - TREFFEN
D.L - VERB . NIEDERSACHEN

Bremen is in the State of Lower Saxony . West of but between Hamburg and Hamburg.

Jack, could you add anymore detail from what is mentioned on the tinnie ? Thank you.

Best regards

Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This is the Jungstahlhelm (youth section of the Stahlhelm).

1. Jungstahlhelm-Treffen des Landesverbandes Niedersachsen, Bremen 1930
(First meeting of the Jungstahlhelm regional association Niedersachsen in Bremen 1930 )

Hi Ewan,

I interpret it like this:
Jungsta(mm) meeting,
the DL-Verband Niedersachsen might mean Deutsche Landjugend. It is at least the only abbreviation of DL that I know of that could fit here.
At the time of the TR, Bremen was indeed part of the Gau Weser/Ems; the centuries before and also the time after it was independent territory as a Freie Hansestadt/Free Hanseatic City.

Enjoy the sun!

Okay, thank you, Garry.
Good option.

My list confirmed:
Jungdo: Jungdeutscher Orden
Jungst: Jungstahlhelm

But what does DL stand for then :oops:?

Hi Garry and Jack,

Many Thanks to you both, for all the information as to why my wee tinnie was issued/given for.
It brings the badge back to life, I can now research more in detail as to the event it self.
I also picked another beautifully detailed badge this time it is a VJ tinnie from Austria dated 1936 prior to the take over in 1938.
Again not TR period but if ok with you Garry ? I would like to post it on the forum as again a lovely little tinnie.

Best regards

Ewan

Yes, of course. Silly me. The logo covered that up. But the mirrored back clearly shows that the D is a smaller one. You're right, of course, Garry.

Attachments

Ah yes, the forum watermark. I forgot that this sometimes obscures a part of the attachment :h

Back