Die Fanfare - any information?

Thanks Received
also a few other goodies i picked up

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice :thumb: Die Fanfare was one of a number of propaganda newspapers/magazines produced by various HJ-Gebiete for consumption by the youth within their respective areas. In Gebiet Westfalen for example the same publication was called "Unsere Fahne". The magazines reported on HJ sports events, rallies and generally anything newsworthy about the party and the Hitler Youth. They also contained a fair amount of propaganda of course. I have a lot of them as they are very useful for research purposes. Your magazine was certainly being published in 1934 and I have one issue of Die Fanfare from 1943 so it seems to have had longevity. From which years are your copies?

Hi CHADAZ34,

the former german publication "Die Fanfare" is well known, and mentioned in several sources.

Here a few links for you:

Complete volumes of the magazine are rare, and these sell for very high prices, but you'll easily find that out for yourself...

Thank you for sharing your photos!

Micha
P.S. In the 1980s, a few volumes of this magazine were found at a German flea market, for little money, unfortunately not bought, very definitely a mistake...

Last edited:
You should note the few bound "years", these are offered, but it's not my job to point them all out to you...

Micha

Less than 5 DM per issue at a German flea market, one should not overestimate these publications.
Only complete vintages, however bound, are interesting, as complete as possible.

Is the typical stuff you find in "gift" boxes here in Germany,

Micha

Last edited:
Hi CHADAZ34,

here a photo of a group of boys of the HJ and the DJ, ready to sell the magazine on the streets:

The photo comes from the outstanding collection of the NS documentation centre of the city of Cologne.

Link: https://museenkoeln.de/ausstellungen/nsd_1609_hitlerjugend/index.html

Looking at the pages there is unfamiliar, but quite intentional, but please take a look for yourself...
The quality of the photos there is excellent, the reader can spend hours or days there, there is a lot of material, and it is well worth seeing! (y)

Wishing you the best of luck for your further researches!

Micha
P.S. Digital post-processing of the photo does next to nothing, the experts from the Cologne museums have used everything that was possible...

Attachments

Last edited:
The first problem with these pamphlets was and always is a space problem...

As a collector, you buy single copies, and years later whole former archives of such printings are offered to you in cartons...
Paper is very heavy, it must be stored well and examined, leaf by leaf...

In the 1980s, we bought a "bundle" of french movie posters, about 2500 Kilogram of paper.
I had to drive four times to even be able to transport this mass of old posters.
For years, our house was full of meter-high stacks of paper.

Except for a few hundred very valuable posters, everything was sold as a bundle, at a very good price.
What is left is gradually viewed, restored and sold at auction.

When I remember how many of those posters I threw away back then, I still get sick today...

Someone interested in a original "Nouvelle Vague" poster from the year 1962, I will sell it to you... ? ;)
(Like fresh from print, unfolded)
Jeanne Moreau Jeanne Moreau – Wikipedia

Micha

Attachments

Last edited:
Back