Doubts about hj knife

Thanks Received
Hallo allemaal, ik heb mijn twijfels over dit mes. kan iemand mij vertellen of dit mes echt is? alles lijkt me in orde, de diamant is gelijmd, geen idee of deze periode is gedaan, wat mogelijk is en zeker overeenkomt met een origineel, ik heb alleen mijn twijfels over de lasnaad onder de pareerstang, dit heb ik eerder gezien bij m7 /13 messen en andere modellen die erg origineel lijken. Ik wilde even checken of het een goede is. groeten

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,
Certainly, what has been said here also applies in this case.
The piece I show here is from the same maker: no seam, the RZM mark properly centred, deeply struck. By the way: the Z in RZM also looks different.
My advice: I would therefore keep my hands off that knife. For me, this is a newer knife that has been retrofitted with the RZM logo.

In those days, the diamond was never glued, but it had two clips, and then the grip plates were attached and riveted.

Attachments

thanks for the info! the person I bought it from suspects that the diamond was glued during the period because the children threw it and the pins could have broken off and glued back together. The diamond does look original with some light wear. but I find it strange that with the rzm m7/13 the rzm logo is often identical. just a little too much to the right and I find that very confusing. you will also find knives with this type of stamp without the weld seam. I have this by the way from a person who has been collecting knives for 30 years so sometimes I don't know who to believe.

here are some pictures of off centered rzm marks. you can find them everywhere and are sold as original, even with some you can see a thin seam. there are even connoisseurs who sell this, would they also have doubts about this or is this just how they were made, perhaps to speed up production?

Attachments

It is always difficult to judge by pictures. Impossible when they are of a quality like the first picture in your post #4. But the shape of the blade already does not fit in with the usual Schüttelhöfers.
I think the last RZM logo shown is genuine.

Let's go through the story.
If the knife was damaged by a fall in such a way that the clamped (!) diamond fell out, which is actually impossible, then the bakelite grip plates would have to be broken.
There was also no accelerated production with inferior quality at the end, but on the contrary a production ban for war-related reasons, because the material was needed for the Wehrmacht.
The knife I am showing is also a late production, but it still has all the quality features.

Speaking of Bakelite, the material should look like the one in my comparison pictures. The small rhombuses should count more than 3 complete pieces to the rivet, the latter can be observed in many post-war products.
If you compare the diamond, you should also be able to see differences.

Um, now the essay has become longer than intended, but of course it is up to you what conclusions you draw from it.

Attachments

I hadn't even thought about the panes in the Bakelite. I thought this was normal, but now that you mention that the 4 diamonds of the rivet make me very doubtful. I will still address the man from whom I bought it because luckily I still have his data. so hopefully i can get my money back to buy one i'm more sure about here's a picture of my rich.abr.herder by the way this does match what you're saying and also comes from a source i'm more sure about have

Attachments

Back