- Joined
- Oct 17, 2022
- Messages
- 468
- Thanks Received
- 282
- Thanks Given
- 586
Hello all,
I’ve had this photo for a few years now and don’t think I’ve ever shared it here. It came from the Phillip Baker collection.
I’ve never seen a flag like this before, even in other photographs. If anyone has seen another example, I’d love to be proven wrong.
Another question I have is whether anyone knows who the little portrait photograph in the top-right corner is of.
Size: 22 × 17 cm
The back has a little piece of modern paper stuck to it that says (rough translation) 'German Workers’ Youth”, 100 young fighters with their flag, on which the rising sun with [HK] and lettering can clearly be recognised. Large format. Flag previously unknown, Hamburg around 1932, precursor of the Hitler Youth, with a large photograph mounted at the edge'
Thank you all
I’ve had this photo for a few years now and don’t think I’ve ever shared it here. It came from the Phillip Baker collection.
I’ve never seen a flag like this before, even in other photographs. If anyone has seen another example, I’d love to be proven wrong.
Another question I have is whether anyone knows who the little portrait photograph in the top-right corner is of.
Size: 22 × 17 cm
The back has a little piece of modern paper stuck to it that says (rough translation) 'German Workers’ Youth”, 100 young fighters with their flag, on which the rising sun with [HK] and lettering can clearly be recognised. Large format. Flag previously unknown, Hamburg around 1932, precursor of the Hitler Youth, with a large photograph mounted at the edge'
Thank you all
You don't have permission to view attachments.
You don't have permission to view attachments.
You don't have permission to view attachments.
You don't have permission to view attachments.
Attachments
You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited: