early HJ black Landjahr triangle

Thanks Received
Hallo everybody,

was too late, once again :angry: for seeing this but Mario Hiscoll just sold an extremely rare IMO landjahr early version HJ triangle (black version).
Hope somebody from the forum snatched it. :confused1:

here's the link; photos from Hiscol site.
http://www.hiscoll.com/viewphoto.php?shoph=32739&phqu=5

just have a look and as a surplus you get the matching pair of shoulderboards with them. Don't know the price he asked for it, since it is already marked as "sold"
wizardelf
:belgium

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mike,

would you noticed anything abnormal on the back side of this triangle?
In my case, I suspect a triangle with white lettering that turned yellow version ..... hum! :scared:

It will be fast impossible to color the triangle in black (before green ) and the letters in yellow,i think

No that was not what I meant. The black Landjahr triangle usually has a white color lettering, this one looks like it was recolored to yellow.

Hello Michael,

that's exactly what I thought ...!
We make miracles with colouring agents sold in the specialized shops and by adding some salt to fix colors.
It's just the basic technique of all dyers !

Best Regards

Eric

Sorry ,i only know the black and yellow version and didn t know the white one.
I ve learn something today !

About the black Landjahr triangle, which usually has a white color lettering, as said by Michael,
I must note that this is not as according to the publication as from the Verordnungsblatt from
May 9, 1934.
Here are mentioned the regular colors of yellow and white on black.

Found an interesting note in a HJ Thüringen publication called "Der Thüringer Sturmtrupp" from May 1934 that sheds a little more light on the evolution of the Landjahr triangle. In this month Schirach announced the new Landjahr triangle (the green version we all know) but prior to this the triangle had been described as black with gold lettering for boys and silver for girls. We know that already but as you can see from the snippet below, the triangle was originally going to be black with "Landschuljahr" in yellow lettering for boys and white for girls. Wim Saris mentions Landschuljahr in the footnotes on page 476 of his book and cites Schwert und Spaten as the source. At the time he felt that perhaps Schwert und Spaten had incorrectly printed "Landschuljahr" instead of "Landjahr" but this new source below shows I think that we can be sure that there was indeed a plan to introduce this Landschuljahr triangle but that ultimately the decision was made to go with a green triangle with "Landjahr".

Sleeve badge for members of the Landschuljahr

A sleeve badge will be introduced with "Landschuljahr" in yellow and white lettering for members of the Landschuljahr (HJ and BDM).

Attachments

Yes indeed, it was the case for most "Gebiet".
When Baldur von Schirach made this decision, there was a gap between his wishes and reality.

Some Gebiet never had the version with the golden lettering, which explains why these triangles are very rare.
The fakers understood this very well and had fun transforming the early triangles " Landjahr" by tinting them yellow.
You have a perfect example in post 1.It seems to me important to warn the collectors of this forum because the temptation is immense.
I had already explained this a few years ago.

Back