Elastolin DJ-Fanfarenbläser mit Fanfarentuch.

Thanks Received
I do not know where to publish these pictures. Can't find headline about toys. Nice Elastolin toy figure.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Osvald21,

here a informative link to a german webshop: Hitlerjugend mit standard (1939) - Hausser/Elastolin - LastDodo

Hausser / Elastolin: Hausser/Elastolin Spielzeugsoldaten Katalog - LastDodo

The old (G: "Massefiguren") mass figures can still be found at German flea markets, often in larger bundles.
First-class specimens are usually sold to collectors and dealers early in the morning, understandably...

A very nice collector's topic, which I liked to cultivate in earlier decades, but unfortunately not anymore.

Kind collectors regards from Germany! :germany

Micha

When I was a child, I received the first Elastolin plastic figures from my mother during a visit to the city of Nuremberg. (1960s)

I received knights, lansquenets, cannons, siege machines, etc. to go with my Elastolin knight's castle.
Everything in very beautiful and hand-painted quality, I still own many of them today.
These were very expensive children's toys in the early 1960's, for the spoiled upper middle class boys, and very costly...

Simple figures cost between 8,- and 10,- German marks, riders were more expensive.
Cannons (brass) and siege engines were considerably more expensive, rare today, the original packaging is much sought after by collectors and is almost worth its weight in gold.
But who do I tell... :001_rolleyes:

Elastolin Kunststoff Figuren / 7 Zentimeter: https://www.germantoys.eu/epages/61...R&FacetRange_ListPrice=&FacetRange_ListPrice=

Micha

Don't know much about them, but i like them a lot. Is Elastolin the manufacturer or the material?

Hi Werner,

"Elastolin" was the brand name of the manufacturer at the time, the company O. & M. Hausser: O. & M. Hausser – Wikipedia

"Massefigur": Massefigur – Wikipedia

A very nice and at the same time very complex collecting topic, the prices for good material have exploded in the last decades, first-class material almost only in auctions, less often at good German flea markets... :thumb:

The problem of the old mass figures, the framework of the figures consisted of simple wire, this rusted and then burst this outer mass of the figure, etc.
Restorable, but this effort is rarely worthwhile for simple figures, collectors are looking for unrestored originals that have been stored dry.

Micha
P.S. If I seldom see a good plastic figure from the "Elastolin" brand these days, then I'll buy it, it's always a first-class investment, and that's just the post-war goods... :001_rolleyes:

Link: Kultur- und Militarhistorische Miniaturen mit Elastolin Mini-Forma Lineol und Modell Figuren durch die Geschichte - Elastolin

Example: A 1966 "Elastolin" knight horserider in plastic, found on a fleamarket here in Wiesbaden, 3 years ago for just 1,- Euro:

If you have an "eye" for these vintage "Figures", you can still find them... :001_rolleyes:

"Hunting" this stuff is the real fun, for almost nothing.

Micha

Attachments

Back