Exactly what is this white piping side cap?

Thanks Received
Hello everyone,
Im posting about this item i am thinking of buying, but would love to know exactly who would of worn it and what rank it shows?
I see it has no sweat liner? It that a warning sign? And the diamond appears to hand stitched on.
Any response is welcome.
Thank you

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,

I think this side cap is genuine. It is for the "Streifendienst" and not NPEA because it does not have the stamp of the institution.
The Streifendienst was designed for the internal security service for HJ and the Pipping is always white.
For information, the sweat liner has never been compulsory and systematic for the side caps. However, I prefer that they are incorporated to the cap.
I don't see anything bad in this item.
Best Regards
Eric

The accessories were generally sewn on by hand. This also applies to the eagle on the early pieces, which is sewn on by hand with tight stitches (once again the 1936 regulations, p. 120).

The accessories were generally sewn on by hand. This also applies to the eagle on the early pieces, which is sewn on by hand with tight stitches (once again the 1936 regulations, p. 120).

Thank you Jack for all your details, they are important for all new collectors who have a lot of questions. :001_smile:

I can thank you just as much, Eric, for sharing your vast knowledge of so many collectibles here, as so many others on the core staff do.

Fantastic ! Thank you Eric. Does anyone have any photos of these in wear?
Would love to see what people have.

Here you go Josh.

Attachments

Hello Edd,

Thank you very much for your additional photos.
We assume that the people photographed are indeed "Streifendienst".
On the other hand, I would have preferred that they wear the specific Cufftitle. Here is one, first Pattern. This one belongs to a friend who sent me his pic.
This Pattern is very rare....!

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Hello Eric,
I'm unsure if the people in the photos are Streifendienst. The first image is part of a larger grouping I have which seemed to be a camp run by the RJF
possibly a Leadership course) The second photo shows boys on a visit to Budapest in 1940. Funny enough photos I have of Streifendienst wearing the Summercap, they are the regular cap we normally see. I've attached a photo I have as an example.

Attachments

Hello everyone,
Im posting about this item i am thinking of buying, but would love to know exactly who would of worn it and what rank it shows?
I see it has no sweat liner? It that a warning sign? And the diamond appears to hand stitched on.
Any response is welcome.
Thank you
It is a lovely item for sure. Some time ago I was a dinner guest for a German couple in the USA. The Sedlmayers were a lovely couple and he told me that at the end of the war he made a bonfire with his HJ uniform and documents. He mentioned with an expression of regret that he had done a foolish thing which he later regretted. I am supposing that a summer cap such as this one went up in flames with his childhood.

Does this HJ Streifendienst look to have white piping? has the cuff title.

Attachments

Im struggling to find any reference for who is the maker of this cap is? And where to find this information.
Any help? :)

Attachments

And also trying to nail it down to a specific year(or period), if thats possible

Hello Wim,

maybe I can cheekily join here and also ask for help in determining what I interpret as A1/4? That would be great.

Attachments

Thank you for your help ! Where is this information so i could maybe buy the book or something for the future?
Thank you again

Back