Flakhelfer uniform

Thanks Received
Here is my complete flakhelfer uniform, with the not that easy to find original pants

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice. Well done finding all the items for a proper display. I think pants are hard to find as they were worn post war due to shortages in Germany.

Congratulations Albert . Your collection is growing and you set up up better than most of us .

Did HJ flakhelfer receive the Luftwaffe Flak Badge ? Why is there never a sleeve triangle on the uniform ? Thanks

They did receive the Lw flak badge. I don't know the technical answer about the triangle, but it was not worn.

Thank You !! I never see the sleeve triangle worn on the tunic like you say.

It was a question of international law, especially of the Hague Convention of 1907. The Flieger-HJ were part of the civilian population and that's why they were not allowed to fight in acts of war. Taken captive in fight, it would have been legal to execute them by shooting. The Flakhelfer/Marinehelfer in contrast belonged to the fighting troops, so they ended usually as PWs. But their uniforms were very similar. Axmann personally insisted on the HJ armband (matter of power), the Minister of the Interior suggested an additional yellow armband. In July 1943 Hitler personally decided (no surprise) that there was "no need of marking the Flakhelfer as combatants".

So only the LWH badge and (in fight) the steel helmet were the Luftwaffenhelpers' signs of belonging to the fighting troops, but of course they were combatants. And Wehrmacht and Kriegsmarine wanted to guard them against above mentionend danger. Maybe (I assume) that's also a reason for differing shoulder straps (no number), and there was no further need of wearing an armdreieck (Boys from different regions served on the same air base, Bavarians, Silesians, Pommeranians etc, and relocations were non uncommon, so it would have been a senseless mixture of armdreiecke). They were soldiers-like now.

(Source: Nicolaisen, Flakhelfer, p. 183ff.)

They did receive the Lw flak badge. I don't know the technical answer about the triangle, but it was not worn.
Albrecht, I tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full. Do you still visit HJ Forum?

Hello; yes I do, just I don't post many things here and either on other places, I'm a bit off of social networks. I've cleared now the inbox (got a massive reduction due inactivity, however after be gold member several years and paid for is a bit sad these restrictions now).

Hello; yes I do, just I don't post many things here and either on other places, I'm a bit off of social networks. I've cleared now the inbox (got a massive reduction due inactivity, however after be gold member several years and paid for is a bit sad these restrictions now).
Albrecht,
Why not make at least one post per month because you are such a zealous collector. You would then have full access which someone like you should have. You are a genuine collector and a serious student of HJ material.

Albrecht,
Why not make at least one post per month because you are such a zealous collector. You would then have full access which someone like you should have. You are a genuine collector and a serious student of HJ material.

I wish I could start nice topics, but I can't barely can keep collecting now as prices went mad on HJ. Also most of items I miss now are so rare and most of collectors has more budget than I. So I am not looking so much lately on HJ topics to avoid buying more than I can really afford. Also, there is another fact, and is I lack several times of primary sources. I wish I had more primary sources to check, and then In could research more than I do now.
There are several uniforms and changes on them that I wish I knew their regulations, but that info isn't easy to find.

For example. I would love to know the uniform regulations of:
Hj-Feuerwehrscharen
Marine HJ (There was two RZM tunics, one with pockets and another without) and aswell the MHJ white uniform
Flakhelfer HJ
Flieger HJ uniform on bluegrey
The all open winter HJ tunic, when was it introduced? why?

I have thousand questions that I would really to know

For example. I would love to know the uniform regulations of:
Hj-Feuerwehrscharen
Marine HJ (There was two RZM tunics, one with pockets and another without) and aswell the MHJ white uniform
Flakhelfer HJ
Flieger HJ uniform on bluegrey
The all open winter HJ tunic, when was it introduced? why?

I have thousand questions that I would really to know

I think the answers to most if not all of those questions are already on the forum in older threads. I'll have a dig around.

If anyone has the answers, I'm sure you'll find them here from knowledgeable members. I saw your MHJ uniform which you posted and it is very impressive. I know what you mean by the white MHJ uniform. I recall seeing photos of them.

What I would like to know is when a black cap is worn and when a white one.

Attachments

Back