Gebietsführer 1933

Thanks Received
Please your options for this boards. Gebietsführer around 1933

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Please your options for this boards. Gebietsführer around 1933

Hello Wittmann1944,

I think this pair of shoulder boards is a very high quality Fake.
The cloth is correct, the color too but the back of these shoulder boards should be always brown in the early period, which is not the case with yours.
the embroidery in silver also seemed correct to me. Wait for several comments before parting of with them.

Best Regards
Eric

Thanks Eric, are not my pieces. I can buy these boards. To me they look very good. I wouldn't necessarily see the back as ko. But maybe someone else can comment on that.

do they have other boards too? i've been looking for a good reproduction since i do not want to ruin a original piece.

cheers

I can now give my opinion on these boards because I have had them in my hands.
The fabric and the weaving are completely fine for me. The back does not necessarily have to be sewn with brown fabric, as my two examples of Feldscher boards show.
I have also attached comparison pictures with my area guide boards. For me, the pair shown above is an original.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Steve,
it's your point of view Steve and I respect it but as far as I'm concerned, they would never have gone into my collection.
For information, here are shoulder boards for Oberfeldscher from my old collection.

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Are there any rules about how the back should be? Or is that just guesswork from collectors? There are also regulations about the rank stars and you can often see on photos that they were not followed.

I don't know of any regulations about how the epaulets should be sewn or what the fabric should be like. There are samples that were issued by RZM, but especially in the early years no one paid attention to whether the back was sewn with brown or the front fabric.
Of course there will always be discussions about it, but you should also follow your feelings and pictures from the early period (1932 - 1933) show a lot of things that were not regular.
What you add to your collection is up to you.

Eric, I value your opinion and knowledge. Discussions like this are important and maybe Garry or Wilhelm can find something on the regulation of the boards.

according to manufacturing-regulations the reverse
should be khaki colored (1933-1934).
Anyway in the early years.
I have to look what is later said, but at this moment
I do not have the time to look for it. Maybe Garry
can jump in!

There are no manufacturing-regulations earlier as
1934, as far as I know. Never seen anything about this!
From then on it was exactly written down how to make them.
I thought something is said like Grundstoff umgelegt.

Last edited:
Yes, these are described for example in "Bekleidung u. Ausrüstung der HJ" 1934. The side with the rank was made of best quality insignia cloth (Abzeichentuch) and was stiffened with linen (Steifleinen). The underside was of khaki-coloured Köper (the same material that was used for normal HJ shoulder straps. Like Wim, I don't see any regulations describing these boards prior to 1934.

Interesting thread. More stuff learned today which is always good(y)

Thanks Garry and Wilhelm for their info. My blue Truppenarzt (1935 - 1938) boards and my blue Oberfeldscher (1938 - 1945) boards are 100% original and do not have a brown back. I have no doubts about the two pairs.
Rules were certainly broken easily if there were no major changes. In many pictures you can see strange pieces again and again. I've seen some pictures where it's clear that the Hitler Youth leader was wearing an embroidered RJF triangle. And it always looked different.
If one were likely to have such an original triangle, many collectors would likely mistake it for a fake as it does not conform to the woven norm.
Of course, the fakes are getting better and better, but you also have to follow many facts and trust your feelings. Style, fabric, metal thread and seams are very revealing.

Back