Gräfrath HJ knife for review

Thanks Received
Is this a good original knife and what would the value be? I want to make an offer to seller.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi edteach

I my opinion a nice original HJ-knife made by RZM M7/30 - Gebr. Gräfrath, Solingen-Widdert. :good: (I can't see the production year, to unclear pic)

The price ? - always a thorny question - the right price is the price that seller would sell for, and the price the buyer will pay. BUT I have seen HJ-knifes in this condition at sale on dealers sites for about € 400,-, some below this amount, and some over, so my estimated price is only a guideline.

Michael :denmark

Hi edteach

I my opinion a nice original HJ-knife made by RZM M7/30 - Gebr. Gräfrath, Solingen-Widdert. :good: (I can't see the production year, to unclear pic)

The price ? - always a thorny question - the right price is the price that seller would sell for, and the price the buyer will pay. BUT I have seen HJ-knifes in this condition at sale on dealers sites for about € 400,-, some below this amount, and some over, so my estimated price is only a guideline.

Thanks. The date is 1936, I paid € 288 so not too bad. This will make a great addition to my collection.

If the year of production is 1936, there should be inscription on the blade "Blut und Ehre", but it could be worn/polished of - try to look after some remnants of this inscription.

It is placed like this:

Until sometimes in 1938 the HJ-knifes always have this inscription on the blade.

Congrats with your deal, I think that you got it at a nice price :clap2:

Attachments

If the year of production is 1936, there should be inscription on the blade "Blut und Ehre", but it could be worn/polished of - try to look after some remnants of this inscription.

It is placed like this:

Until sometimes in 1938 the HJ-knifes always have this inscription on the blade.

Congrats with your deal, I think that you got it at a nice price :clap2:

Thanks Mike, I found this thread here that this maker is always marked 1936 with and without motto. Opinion needed on M7/30 Gräfrath HJ knife

Back