H. Aurich Kreissieger

Thanks Received
I'm afraid I can't resist minty Kreissiegers. Grabbed this one recently. Prices go up year after year...

Note the sloppy soldering on the reverse. Looks almost like a repair. On combat awards I would agree with that but a otherwise pristine Kreissieger with a repaired catch?? Would it not be rather be that they just did a lazy monday morning job in the factory?

Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Would it not be rather be that they just did a lazy monday morning job in the factory?
Somehow I have my doubts that today's customs were already widespread 80 years ago.
But that is of course difficult to prove. Arguments: one's own reputation, RZM controls, etc. Moreover, it would have been easy to melt down the blank again before enamelling.

These Aurich badges often look like that Wim. Mine certainly did:

Attachments

Anyone an idea what the lower part of the maker mark refering to? "DRESDEN A. 16". The manufacturer was located at the Blumen Str. 49. Could A. 16 be some kind of district?

Regards, Wim

It was a postal code, such as SW4 (Südwest 4) in Berlin.
The only difference is that Dresden was and is a good deal smaller, so it was sufficient to distinguish between A and N (and a few numbers), which means nothing other than Altstadt and Neustadt.
Thus, they knew at that time to which post office the corresponding letter item had to be delivered first, in order to be carried out from there by the postman to the recipient.
A 16, for example, was the post office at Gerokstraße 18/20 (1938). On the map you can see that this fits together very well.

A look at the address book reveals that Hermann Aurich was the owner ("I"/Inhaber) of the house at Blumenstraße 49 and his factory was located in the rear building ("HG"/Hintergebäude).

Attachments

Many thanks Jack. That's much more information as I hoped to get. (y):) Much appreciated!

Back