Herbert Norkus Airlines

Thanks Received
Hello all
Just got this photo in. In postcard size. When I saw it, I was a bit in shock as I never expected to see such a thing. That is why I love this hobby, you can be surprised everyday by something new.

Does anyone have anymore info on these planes? Who used them, what their use was (before anyone says it, yes a planes use is for flying lol) or maybe a year?
It has the name Herbert Norkus with a little plane logo. I know that martyrs got special nameing designations and all, just never knew it would be on a plane.

From the back of the photo, the stamp has the location Kirchberg. I have tried to look if there are some old airfields here with this hanger type but came up fruitless.

And just saying it, the guy in the white top is the spiting image of Wernher von Braun? But 99.9% not him.

Any and all help is appreciated as always.

Enjoy

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

The stamp says Bad Reichenhall-Kirchberg, so you don't have to search endlessly. There are so many Kirchbergs all over the country.
The aircraft model is a Klemm KL-31.
How do I know that? The registration number gives it away. And then you discover an interesting page with lots of information about it. There is also a picture of the D-2466 - "the first aircraft of the HJ".
Have fun browsing!

And here you learn that this model was produced from 1931 to September 1934, in a number of only 36 pieces. It was put into service in 1933.
So it was truly a small series.

Hi,

The stamp says Bad Reichenhall-Kirchberg, so you don't have to search endlessly. There are so many Kirchbergs all over the country.
The aircraft model is a Klemm KL-31.
How do I know that? The registration number gives it away. And then you discover an interesting page with lots of information about it. There is also a picture of the D-2466 - "the first aircraft of the HJ".
Have fun browsing!

And here you learn that this model was produced from 1931 to September 1934, in a number of only 36 pieces. It was put into service in 1933.
So it was truly a small series.
Just perfect.
If you maybe find one of the 'the first aircraft of the HJ' postcards, Id be eternally grateful ( if anyone has one please send me a message)
I wonder what happened to it, and who would of flow in it for what reason?

Thank you Jack for once again answering my questions

Unfortunately not, sorry. I only found two already sold - for 19 and 34 euros respectively. But at least they seem to be on sale from time to time, a small consolation.

Back