High Command of The HJ

Thanks Received
Would appreciate any thoughts on this High Command Award.

Thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This highly controversial badge is very rare as an original. Very few known original specimens.
This badge was designed for the HJ organization, based abroad.
It's up to you to know if it's worth taking such a risk. Just my point of view, keep please your money.

Yep, I used to have a red Aurich MM fake that was examined under high magnification and destroyed (with my permission of course) some years ago by Jo Rivett. The pics are on the forum (story begins in #7 of the thread I mentioned above). Very definitely post-war rubbish.

Yep, I used to have a red Aurich MM fake that was examined under high magnification and destroyed (with my permission of course) some years ago by Jo Rivett. The pics are on the forum. Very definitely post-war rubbish.

Hello Garry,

Your participation in this debate makes me happy.
I think you are most qualified with Wim to reframe things and provide tangible proof.

I often ask myself this question, what drives collectors to buy this badge with all the information we have.
I no longer understand the stakes of the new generation of collectors and I don't regret having bowed out with the HJ Collection.

Best Regards
Eric

I agree Eric. There should be no doubt anywhere by now that the Aurich badges should be avoided at all costs and that there is a large number of utter fakes (Aurich-marked or otherwise) on the market. As you know, the thread that I mentioned shows a cross-section of the amount of crap that is out there and it is, or should be, an eye-opener for anyone looking to buy one of these rare badges.

When I was a member of other forums it used to concern me that our forum was hardly ever mentioned and links to conversations here that would have answered questions perfectly on other forums were never posted. It almost felt like a conspiracy sometimes. I don't know what those forums are like now but the then new moderator of the HJ section of WAF openly stated that he didn't want people posting links to our forum and that he would prefer it if people just posted our content without mentioning the source (he continued of course to post things that he learned here and of course never mentioned the source...). As I say though, I don't visit other forums now and haven't done so for a couple of years. I'm much more relaxed as a result :thumb:

Back