Hitler Youth membership badges

AHL

Thanks Received
Not collecting by maker mark but like the obverse variations. Is the style without any 'pebbling' in the background tough to find? First one I've noticed like that.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Difference is in the enamel , one being translucent and the other opaque. The pebbling will not be revealed on the obverse of the opaque . M1/162 Konrad Seiboth ( Sudetenland )

You mean the late war zinc badge marked M1/185, made after October 1944.... no need for pebbling. The opaque badge will have pebbling but you obviously can`t see it.
The late war badge is a cheap-O painted bit of zinc, meant to just make sure there was "something" to wear, with no real emphasis on design/quality. And yes, M1/185 is quite hard to find due to them being a late M1/ maker of small badges. Mainly HJ items, and always in zinc. Made during the last weeks of the Third Reich.

Actually no I meant the opaque badge as noted in the previous post but thank you for the info on the zinc badge. I didn't realize it was that late!
Every time I log into this forum I learn something!0

LoL, no. I'm bad about thinking things are obvious and not going into great detai. No, I meant the difference between the two enameled badges. Jimmy72 cleared it up for me and after posting the initial thread i found others addressing the same auestion.

Back