Hitlerjunge Quex film Konvolut

billy8

Thanks Received
Hello,

For any HJ collector seriously interested in the very first classic 1933 feature film on the HJ, I have listed some ultra-rare original and also excellent quality facsimile Ufa film studio promotional materials on this iconic 1933 film for sale on this website:

Original is the Ufa film studio's ultra–rare 8-page Opfergeist newspaper on the film, which is not found in any German film institution, library or archive. Ditto the original Quex poster red/white/black postcard,; a rare original B&W portrait postcard of the novel's author Karl Aloys Schenzinger,; a fine facsimile of the Ufa booklet announcing the film for the first time from the 1933/34 Vorschau Mappe for cinema owners, a perfect 40-page facsimile of the Ufa Reklame–Ratschlag, also not found in any German institution, library or archive; the 1980 filmland press, München paperback of the film's word-for-word German transcript of the soundtrack called Einstellungsprotokoll Hitlerjunge Quex, an original music song sheet for the film's song Unsre Fahne flattert uns voran!; the original heavily illustrated Aktuelle Filmbücher on the film's producer, KARL RITTER, a mint condition (no hole-punches) of the film's German Illustrierter Film–Kurier rotograveure cinema programme, and my new English language 401 page book on the film, published in December 2022, with 63 B&W rare photos/illustrations, 4 colour plates, 309 footnotes, with 2022 commentary by the son of Baldur von Schirach over his father and the film, and excerpts from the private unpublished diaries of Karl Ritter which I gained access to in Argentina by Karl Ritter's last surviving grandson. This is the first book dedicated to the film in any language.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Fantastic compilation, we feel your passion for the subject !
THANKS

Hello,

For any HJ collector seriously interested in the very first classic 1933 feature film on the HJ, I have listed some ultra-rare original and also excellent quality facsimile Ufa film studio promotional materials on this iconic 1933 film for sale on this website:

Original is the Ufa film studio's ultra–rare 8-page Opfergeist newspaper on the film, which is not found in any German film institution, library or archive. Ditto the original Quex poster red/white/black postcard,; a rare original B&W portrait postcard of the novel's author Karl Aloys Schenzinger,; a fine facsimile of the Ufa booklet announcing the film for the first time from the 1933/34 Vorschau Mappe for cinema owners, a perfect 40-page facsimile of the Ufa Reklame–Ratschlag, also not found in any German institution, library or archive; the 1980 filmland press, München paperback of the film's word-for-word German transcript of the soundtrack called Einstellungsprotokoll Hitlerjunge Quex, an original music song sheet for the film's song Unsre Fahne flattert uns voran!; the original heavily illustrated Aktuelle Filmbücher on the film's producer, KARL RITTER, a mint condition (no hole-punches) of the film's German Illustrierter Film–Kurier rotograveure cinema programme, and my new English language 401 page book on the film, published in December 2022, with 63 B&W rare photos/illustrations, 4 colour plates, 309 footnotes, with 2022 commentary by the son of Baldur von Schirach over his father and the film, and excerpts from the private unpublished diaries of Karl Ritter which I gained access to in Argentina by Karl Ritter's last surviving grandson. This is the first book dedicated to the film in any language.
Good evening Billy8,

Thank you for your excellent post, very interesting. History good or bad should not be hidden as:
" Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Best regards....Ewan

My book Hitler Youth Quex – A Guide for the English–speaking Reader has now been reviewed in the prestigious quarterly academic journal THE HISTORICAL JOURNAL OF FILM, RADIO & TELEVISION (U.K./USA) and despite the tricky subject matter and oftentimes "PC" attitudes in academe, the book review is overwhelmingly very positive. I quote from it:

[T]he greatest merit of Gillespie’s book is that he not only brings together many sources that are – if at all – difficult to access, but also that he makes them accessible to an English-speaking audience.
Hitler Youth Quex: A Guide for the English-speaking Reader’s unique selling point ….is the way it presents and discusses a range of different primary sources and embeds them in the historical context.

Gillespie's book is a treasure trove for scholars of history, film history and propaganda more generally. This includes graduate and postgraduate students, early career researchers and more established academics. As such it is recommended for the essential classroom reading lists on any course dealing with film propaganda. - The Historical Journal of Film, Radio & Television, 2024.

Back