HJ blouse - (possible NSDstb, SA)

Thanks Received
I recently bought this tunic thinking it was a nsdstb blouse. Afterwords came
To the conclusion that I don’t really know the regulations for those. This jacket seems to be the HJ Korperbluse pattern, but instead of brown buttons it has silver SA buttons. It also has a possible SA mark on it. That being said I found some pictures on WAF that may be helpful with the conclusion. I hope somebody can help me figure out what this is. And what regulation a nsdstb shirt has.

Thank you, Cas

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That seems to be a standard HJ/DJ Köperbluse (later: Dienstbluse) but with incorrect silver buttons. I know that Angolia has a statement about the DJ wearing silver buttons on their Dienstbluse but I can't see that anywhere in the orders. The RZM makes it clear that both the HJ and DJ versions were identical:

Mitteilungsblatt der RZM Issue 24 dated 31.8.1935 shows introduction of the Köperbluse only for HJ and with brown Steinnuss buttons.
Mitteilungsblatt der RZM Issue 27 dated 12.10.1935 shows that the jacket had been authorised for the DJ. No mention of silver buttons or any other differences.
Mitteilungsblatt der RZM Issue 31 dated 7.12.1935 shows that the Köperbluse for both the HJ and DJ was identical i.e. both had brown buttons.

The RJF warned that personnel were not to wear the SA version so perhaps your blouse is a case of an SA man or perhaps SA unit procuring the HJ/DJ version and changing the buttons.

with order FO 10/38, published in the Verordnungsblatt des Reichsstudentenführers, number 8 dated March 30, 1938 the dress for dtudents was published. The brownhsirt was the SA-Bluse type with smooth, silvered buttons and hooks, completed with the specific armband.
The shirt was worn with black breeches, a black ty with related students insignia, black belt. No headgear was to be worn, but planned. A new buckle was also planned. The buckle was officially introduced with a June 10, 1938 order. (FO 25/38). In July the buckle was available.

Headgear was not a fact before late November 1938 as worn with the brownshirt. It was not listed at that moment. It took into 1939. It is interesting to mention a black field-cap was included in a letter dated April 19, 1937 from the Reichsorganisationsleiter. But it was to be worn with the black dress.

Last edited:
Good info Wim. Thank you :thumb: Bit weird this one isn't it. A HJ/DJ Dienstbluse with, as you say, buttons denoting Students' Association but with an SA ink stamp. Looks like they couldn't get actual SA jackets so they procured the HJ/DJ versions and repurposed them with the buttons and the SA stamp.

read well: they did wear the SA-Bluse.

Huh? I am not disputing what you posted (post #4). I am saying that the OP posted a HJ/DJ Diensthemd with silver buttons and an SA stamp that shouldn't be there. The silver buttons on their own do not make it a regulation student Diensthemd and neither does the SA stamp on its own make it a regulation SA jacket. What I am saying is that both of those things on a HJ/DJ jacket might suggest that there were problems at some point in procuring the official item (SA jacket with silver buttons) and that some HJ/DJ jackets were repurposed.

Thank you very much for returning to the thread, some great information. With what we have at hand could we say this was most likely an nsdstb blouse. Or is it more likely a SA or HJ blouse? Interesting piece for sure.

Thank you,
Cas

The RZM label shows it to be the HJ/DJ version. The circumstances under which the SA stamp and the silver buttons were added is a mystery. However, the combination of SA stamp and silver buttons would seem to suggest that it is a repurposed item worn by a member of the students' association.

Attachments

Back