HJ Brooch (Broschen)

Thanks Received
Here is a piece that I have had for some time and was curious as to how this brooch fits into the realm of insignia .
Listed in a catalogue as a " brooch freely available to both boys and girls" while just above the listing we see the new diamond shaped insignia advertised as well .
I am thinking this catalogue must be 1932 / 33 before the RZM got a foothold into the regulation of approved badges .
I have never seen a photo of this brooch in wear and this is the only example that I have seen that is not soldered to a belt buckle .
Two brass tabs on the reverse make me wonder where this brooch was to be worn ? A cap ? A collar or buttonhole on a tunic ?
Anyway , have a look and opinions appreciated !
45mm x 33mm -- Sheet struck messing with silver wash and black painted swaz.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Herr Saris ,
I am not surprised that it was you who unearthed this price-list many years ago !
A much appreciated image as I have never found any further documentation relating to this HJ Broschen and this catalogue marked image is the only proof that it was a legitimately produced badge .
Thank you for the response .

Also , I was just going through a stack of Military Advisor mags that I hadn't looked at for years and ended up reading your article from the Summer 2001 edition regarding the German Weimar "Frauenpolizei" . Wonderful subject that I knew nothing about and I suspect not many others were aware of either.
Great read !

No problem, it was used. I may have shown it on some other forum.
There exists a postcard of Kallenbach, Meyer & Franke which shows tiny drawings of buckles. One of the buckles does show the diamond.
There also exists a catalogue-page of Steinhauer & Lück which shows the buckle with vertical diamond as article-number 9003 or so.

Yes, there are many hardly known articles wrtitten by me in the Military Advisor, about which people had not much knowledge about.
It is a pity this magazine does not exist anymore, afer my friend Roger Bender died.

Thank you for providing that image from the Steinhauer & Lück catalogue .
I had never seen a period advert for diamond belt buckle set up so I was under the impression that these brooch diamonds were simply incorporated into a raw buckle as a "home made" type job prior to the official HJ buckle being issued .
Haha ...that throws my theory out the window !
The hunt for the brooch function continues ..... ;)

Back