HJ Führerausweis leader ID

Thanks Received
Please someone who is an expert could tell me in summary what is written, writing and translation is complicated, thank you very much.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Juliux,

Your first chap, Werner Feldhoff, was born in Dbg. (=Duisburg)-Hamborn in 1926. His promotion levels in the DJ were Hordenführer, Oberhordenführer, Jungenschaftsführer (1940), Oberjungenschaftsführer and then Jungzugführer (9 November 1942 - typically promotions often took place on Hitler's birthday or, as in this case, on the anniversary of the Beer Hall Putsch).
On the reverse side are the assigments, i.e. the actual levels (Dienststellung/official position). From Jungzugführer, Hauptjungzugführer, Fähnleinführer, Jungstammführer to Stammführer (the last two are missing the stamp). Quite an impressive career, I would say.

The second is Karl-Heinz Schubert from Hamburg, Bann 76 Otto Blöcker, which you have surely seen yourself. He was first a Hordenführer in the DJ, then reassigned to HJ-Rottenführer, then Oberrottenführer.
He was appointed Jungzugführer and in 1943 was a KLV-Lagerunterführer (=sub-leader in a camp), in Babylon, a few kilometres away from Furth im Wald, in the Oberpfalz/Bavaria.

Number three, Walter Warnke, comes from Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel. It says on the back that he was appointed Hordenführer on 9 November 1941 and was already put in charge of the Jungenschaft 3/2 on 1 October. Signed by the Fähnleinführer 26 of Bann 186, Rolf Rettberg, with the rank Jungzugführer (funny stamp: Jungenzug).

On 20.04.1942 Warnke was promoted to Oberhordenführer. Signature of the k.-Fähnleinführer Rudolf Schmidt, Oberjungzugführer.

Very nice. Great collectibles in their own right of course but the leader IDs particularly are one of the best sources for higher leader names i.e. who was in charge of a Bann/Jungbann etc at a particular time. The initial promotion on this type of leader ID is, in my experience, always signed by the actual leader with subsequent promotions not always but often being signed off by staff personnel "i.A". This is particularly the case with wartime IDs due to the pace of leadership changes. Anyway, Schubert's ID has the correct leader/rank signing off his first and second promotions. This chap was still the Bannführer at the time of the third promotion but that seems to be a different signature so possibly a staff member as I say.

The other ID shows the initial, second and third DJ promotions being signed off by the Jungbannführer 235/236. I know from other documents that this was Schmitz. You are good with these Jack. Can you make out that name in the signature?

Phew, Garry, that's difficult to interpret. I would possibly read the confirmed Oberfähnleinführer as Stegert, but it could just as well be Nippert. The confirmed Stammführer (1942), on the other hand, is a walk in the park; his name is definitely Ritzenhoff.
Did you see that in the signature under the personal data it says: k. Führer des Gebietes/Bannes/Jungbannes. That can only mean "kommissarisch"/provisional, right? After all, it is dated 1938.

Yes indeed. The "k" stood for "kommissarisch" pre-war and later "kriegs". Okay, I have a Jungbannführer Lippert in a leading function within Jungbann 235 in 1940. Could that be an L at the beginning of the signature? If so, it would appear that he is the k.-Jungbannführer vice Schmitz at the time of these promotions. Perhaps it was the case that Schmitz was fulfilling his two years of Wehrdienstpflicht during this time. Yes, Ritzenhoff appears in my list in 1940 albeit not explicitly as Jungbannführer. Clearly he was by 1942 though.

Good ID this one :thumb:

Without your clue, I wouldn't have necessarily thought of it, but yes, then only the first hook/scrawl is the capital letter which then fits well with Lippert. Then I can also see something like an i-dot, more of a stroke. Really a special signature, Mr Lippert! And a veritable gold mine of documentation. :thumbup1:
BTW: I still have a Jungbannführer of 4/91 from January 1937, if you don't know him yet: an H. Pannenberg.

Nice. That's confirmed then. I do have Heinrich Pannenberg as Jungbannführer 4/91 in that year but keep them coming whenever you find them
:thumb:

Thank you very much to all of you for your information, if I never managed to see it completely deciphered little by little we are learning from you.

Back