HJ Feuerwehr Schar helmet

Thanks Received
A very nice helmet, bought from the HJ member, which is over 90 year old.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I found this foto which shows the helmet with swastica.

Attachments

Hello ,
can you tell us something about the owner ,please? (what region he was from, BANN etc...)
Personally I don't like these badges very much because the helmet has a lot of impacts and the badges don't.
Thank you

Decals on helmet for me are post war. And ive seen this exact same unifom before and told the owner then its no good.

Hello,
it's very possible that the helmet is 10 years older than the decals. Towards the end of the war, the old fire brigade helmets were of course made available to the Hitler Youth and only then were they given decals.
The helmet and uniform come directly from the owner's possession, which was to be deployed in Wilhelmshaven in late 1944 and early 1945. However, due to his young age, he was only on duty in his home village. First he had to take an exam and only then was he allowed to wear the HJ fire brigade diamond. When he was finished, the war was almost lost for Germany. The helmet, uniform and belt buckle are therefore preserved in almost unworn condition.

Personally, I believe that the jacket was put together myself and the helmet also makes a disheveled impression. I wouldn't want it.
The seller seems to have a good story and so it sells well.

Back