HJ Golden Honor Badge opinions

OK my second time through that thread. Yes lots of material showing fakes and quite a bit of the expected (and often deserved) dealer bashing. Nothing I see on this badge. MY NOVICE OPINION is that it is likely bad BUT I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE.

:faint:
Here are the pics to keep this thread intact ...

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

...and quite a bit of the expected (and often deserved) dealer bashing...

Hi,
Absolutely no ofence meant but interesting use of the word "expected" there.. Almost sounds as if as if you were warned before registering. I know of some US dealers who have pushed that agenda for years now because they can't control this forum like they do with WAF etc but whatever.. every single bit of "bashing" in that thread is justified. Should we not link a name to a fake? Who would be served best if we and other forums did not do that? What that thread essentially tells you is that known original badges are made of 585 gold, have no maker mark, no serial number and that Ailsby utterly failed with his "dress copy" bluster and his "these came in silver too" subjective nonsense. Gottlieb's badge is different to the Ailsby trash but it clearly does not share the chracteristics of known original badges. He is going to have some explaining to do but will he do that or will he simply assert that this badge is what he thinks it is? Time will tell.

Hi, What that thread essentially tells you is that known original badges are made of 585 gold, have no maker mark, no serial number and that Ailsby utterly failed with his "dress copy" bluster and his "these came in silver too" subjective nonsense. Gottlieb's badge is different to the Ailsby trash but it clearly does not share the chracteristics of known original badges.

You did an EXCELLENT and accurate job of summarizing the thread and concisely gave the information needed. Wish you'd replied earlier, you seem to know your stuff, thanks! And please reread where I noted 'and often deserved', yes, please call a fake a fake!
I don't know why it took 21 pages of thread to say the same thing, to include a link to a video not even about a HJ badge, from someone who spent most of the time slammimg a dealer and practicing how to say FuXX. I'm a High School Special Education teacher so the language is not new to me, just useless and repetitive.
I will admit the other part loses me I'm to dense and too busy to attempt to control or have an agenda outside of taking care of me and mine! I joined this forum on the high recommendations of the members of the wehrmacht WAF forum. Yes, I'm a US dealer, mostly American militiaria. But I collect WWII German toys by Hausser, Tippco, Elastolin, Lineol, etc. I recently began collecting German youth material as it makes a nice companion collection. This forum has been of great help!
I rather hope to be an active member here and very intentionally used my initials not my business name as my interest in the German Youth material is purely historical. But feel free to check out Wartime Collectables! Though I should tell you in advance, I don't think you will find much German Youth offered there, but I have some killer US medals!
Andrew

Attachments

...I don't know why it took 21 pages of thread....to include a link to a video not even about a HJ badge

Ah, I'll take responsibility for that :) As part of a sub-discussion I asked Jo whether he had added any new clips to his YT channel.

Regarding the various types of the particular badge under discussion in that thread I think that any version differing from the description given by Crack further up this page will always be a very hard sell.

Regarding the various types of the particular badge under discussion in that thread I think that any version differing from the description given by Crack further up this page will always be a very hard sell.
Agreed, and good info. There seem to be legitimate presentation versions as well, though not likely I'll be putting one in my shelf!.org

Attachments

Can either of you gents clarify the comments from the other thread regarding how many of these were awarded?

That number is unknown despite claims to the contrary. However, it will undoubtedly be a small number and this forum is on it.

...There seem to be legitimate presentation versions as well..

Can you show legitimate presentation pieces as described in that thread by the chubby chap who was sent to Coventry some years ago (Mr Failsby.). If not Failsby then perhaps some rock-solid provenance? I only say that because presentation pieces, although perhaps logical, have no basis in fact as yet.

That number is unknown despite claims to the contrary. However, it will undoubtedly be a small number and this forum is on it.
Can you show legitimate presentation pieces as described in that thread by the chubby chap who was sent to Coventry some years ago (Mr Failsby.). If not Failsby then perhaps some rock-solid provenance? I only say that because presentation pieces, although perhaps logical, have no basis in fact as yet.

Yes, I realize it's an unknown number and comparatively small. I was simply voicing curiosity as to a likely range.
The other comment I'm sorry, confused again. Who's "Chubby"? Balder, Ailisby, Failsby?
I was under the impression that the Von Schirach badge was sold by his widow, along with her's and came with provenance. I also recall reading that there is a second Frau Von Schirach badge floating around that isn't good.
I know nothing of the provenance or history of the attached presentation badge.

Attachments

Hi, yes Ailsby. He contends that were cheap-looking versions of the golden honour badge that were worn as "dress" items. He even claims that a zinc version is authentic. As was shown in the thread he can provide no proof for any of that. His last book contained known fakes and plagiarism. He does not have a good reputation but I'm sure you have heard about some of his past antics before.

There is thread here that aims to list all known holders of the badge in gold: Golden HJ Honour Badge with Oak leaves. (known recipients)

Agnes Miegel was definitely awarded the badge. I think it was reported in a 1939 issue of the magaine Das deutsche Madel. there is a post on the forum about that. Whether that is her actual badge I wouldn't know. If I remember correctly it was shown in a Patzwall article. Again, there is a discussion on the forum about that.

Back