HJ Knife Post war ?

Thanks Received
Hi Guys , my experience does not lie in HJ knifes so need some opinions please.
My questions from what i think i know are these.
Plain Silvered Diamond on Grip ?
Only marking on Blade or Ricasso , solingen ?
Scabbard missing button near throat ?
Any advice surely welcome
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Forgot to mention that on the back of the scabbard appear to be the letters DBGM Just below where the where the bottom stud attachs hanger to scabbard.

Hi Riddick,

Anything with "DBGM" dates to 1949 at the earliest. We're used to seeing the post-war scout knives with fleur-de-lis grip inlay and the lipped scabbards but yours is different to those. Nevertheless, it's definitely not HJ.

Hi Guys , my experience does not lie in HJ knifes so need some opinions please.
My questions from what i think i know are these.
Plain Silvered Diamond on Grip ?
Only marking on Blade or Ricasso , solingen ?
Scabbard missing button near throat ?
Any advice surely welcome

Here are some post war knife diamonds.
Mike

Attachments

Thanks for the input to date fellas , it has forced me to do some research of my own on Post War HJ scout items haha. But it raises more more questions than answers for me still.
The plain diamond inlay on the grip , i have not seen one like this on any other post war item. Is it a later replacement again to the types shown by Mike ? or were there diamonds issued like this.
The scabbard has me confused for a Post War item , apart from the DBGM that Crack has cleared up , there is no ring on the scabbard throat like all post wars i have seen yet it is missing that little button/rivet on the flat near the top of the throat that war & pre wars have.
The ricasso with only solingen etched into it , i have not seen this either on pre or post war. Or i have i just not seen enough of the post wars to see something the same as what i have shown in the photos.

I've just been looking through a load of ebay fakes and some from other sites. There is variation with the majority of the scabbards having the lip around the opening and others not having it. The blades are often completely blank, but some have maker marks on the ricasso. I also saw a couple of knives (one is currently up for auction if I remember correctly) with a flat, blank diamond like yours. No idea why it has that but fakes of the HJ knife are so obvious 99% of the time that further study would be restricted I think to someone interested in the post-war german scouting movement. It does seem odd that yours has the patent marking on it. It's the first time I've seen that on a scabbard. As Crack says, this means that it can't be from before 1949 but I was just thinking how someone would get away with protecting something that is essentially the same as the real thing. I don't know, perhaps some technicality :) Or, it's just a red herring. I don't know.

Thanks for that input Garry , with your's & previous members comments it makes me wonder is the knife a Hybrid mixture as such , just an example. Scabbard post 1949 , Diamond & possibly grips post ww2 or much later , blade ww2 era , or the whole item post 1949 & diamond replaced at much later date. I have found it an interesting subject topic as such & also to date not having found an exact match on the internet regardless of whether this is an original ww2 item or post ww2 item very intriguing. added intrigue not seeing the the soligen "alone" ricasso mark or the scabbard marking elsewhere.

No probs Riddick. A blade with no markings other than just that single word "Solingen" can't be anything other than post-war. From 1933 and the introduction of the official HJ knife until 1943 when production stopped, it was all under RZM control and regulation and genuine knives will be marked accordingly.

Back