HJ knife RZM M7/2 1937, help - real or fake?

Thanks Received
Hello,
I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

‘I have looked in the past online and coulnt find information on this knife. It appears someone posted a similar question years ago about nearly the same blade but did not get a response. Then today I found this forum, wow a plethora of information. Thank you!

my question is can anyone tell me if this real,or fake? I believe the scabbard is fake. I read the “guide” on the forum and I still have no idea. I purchased this in a small town in Germany in 2005 I think it was. They brought it up from the basement when I asked if they any items from the era.

any opinion would be awesome.

thank you so much,
-dave
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The diamond does not move. the diamond appears to have “fish scales”

the under finger grip appears to have a seam line. But the outer finger grip does not have a seam.

the knife itself seems to be in too good of a condition.

‘’the lettering I think is etched and not stamped.

thank you,
-dave

Hi Dave

In my opinion the scabbard is a 100% fake/copy, becuase of the form of the scabbardlip. I am not quiet sure about the knife, but it MIGHT be a copy too, but to be sure, I have to have it in my hand.

I am sory not to be more specific about the knife, but now you have my opinion.

I hope that other members se your thread, an give their opinion.

Michael :denmark

I just took 2 pictures of a scabbard that is 100% original so you have something to compare with.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Dave,

Not a knife expert but the seam running under the finger guard and up between the grip plates is a big red flag. As Michael said, the scabbard is also incorrect. M7/2 is also overrepresented among fake HJ knives.

Thank you guys. I purchased it in a small town in Germany in 2005. We had just crossed the Rhineland in a ferry and it took us to a town that had a statue of Marshall Blucher and I thought that was cool as I’m into that era as well. So we went into town found the museum on Marshall Blucher/Prussia during the Napoleonic wars and got a private tour (waaaay cool I might add). We then went down the street and were looking at a store on our right and then I saw guns everywhere, realizing it was a glare from across the street I spun around. Though they were closed because it was really early in the am they were doing a deal with guys from the USA (from Wisconsin I think it was).these guys buy up military paraphernalia such as magazine pouches etc and not Sure if they still do it sold through a magazine here in the USA. I know I’ve bought from them.

‘’so I then asked the sales guy (probably owner) if he had any wwii stuff. He went into the basement where he more stuff and brought that out. It had a sticker covering the diamond/swaztika. I can’t recall if he said the scabbard was fake at that time. Well ughhh, I think I paid 100 euro at the time (don’t recall) and got dumped at the airport on the return trip. But that’s how it ended up with me.

still a cool piece.

thank you very much for the opinions.
-dave

Hi Dave,

This is a different manufacturer, but maybe this thread is still helpful regarding seam or not.

And a look into a period scabbard, this is a late one.

Even if the evidence here points to non-peroid, the story of your purchase remains and I personally like you're focusing on it.

Attachments

Hi Jack,

thank you for all that. Perhaps I’ll never know really but like you said I do have my story and that says something to me.

do you happen to know where I can purchase a period scabbard?

I only really have a few items, this knife, helmet that was repainted by someone, a rather large (long) flag that Im Certain is real and a tankers badge that took me a bit to find which was my wife’s grandfathers after he liberated it probably from a German soldier when he crossed the Rhine (tanker). I also hope to get the iron cross her mother has still kept
(fingers crossed for iron cross!).

thank you,
-dave

Unfortunately not, sorry. I don't actively collect, only now and then I came across something by chance. So my collection is similarly extensive and impressive lol. This is my only knife. But I'm sure you'll get some tips here.

Back