Hj leader sports badge opinions

Thanks Received
Hello fellow collectors,

Havent been very active here, but today i got this Führer Leistungsabzeichen (B stuck) wich i find very strange. It looks like the badge consists of different layers with some black between.

I would like to ask for your opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Sander

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Is this possibly a cleaned-up metal detector find? Only corrosion could have caused that damage I would thought. The badge seems okay to me if you ignore the damage.

Here are side by side pictures. It looks like the op badge has been put to a grinding wheel..... it looks like a good one but it's been abused. What are some more opinions / thoughts?
Regards,
Mike

Attachments

The external details look fine on the OP badge. Would love to know what caused the damage. Maybe Crack is right and this is a cleaned-up detector find.

The dammage around is strong but the fine RZM and B are in very good state (??)

Yes, i would think its ok like that, the iron worked itself out on the sides like squashing an Hamburger (seen this on german Pfennig coins that i have found inthe dirt, they are made the same way just different metals) , the RZM is struck into a different material not as sensetiv as
iron to corrosion, and i think it was not in the ground but in water, a pond or so and it sort of spent the time hardly moved and didnt take a beating like on a farmers field.

Sorry for the spelling, greetings from germany!

Back