HJ Leader's Ring (Ehrenring für HJ-Führer)

They do seem very sure don't they...? I can't fathom why when there is no other evidence than the items themselves. I mean if all leaders got these as somone over there said, we would be looking at hundreds of rings and award documents or even thousands (depending on the rank that had to be achieved) but ony three or four are alleged to have survived. Really odd... Anyway I asked over on WRF and hope that the guy who is confident about these rings/documents will add more information.

Here something different than most supposed fake/real rings. Opinions are welcome.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Document is taken from WAF. This might also add to the discussion.

Attachments

Thanks for posting these. After all these years I remain unable to say anything definitive about these rings because I still have not found any mention of them in the primary literature. It is very odd that the procedure which led to the award of these rings, in this case by a Bannführer no less, has not found mention in any primary source available to me and I have a huge amount of them. That said, it is an interesting subject and one that will hopefully be "cracked" at some point.

This certificate is from Bann J Nürnberg but do other examples exist from different Banne?

PS If you know the person who posted the redacted certificate on the other forum would you mind asking him to let you know the date of the award and the name of the Bannführer please? I have a long-term project which aims to list all of the leaders by year for each Bann (and equivalent) and it would be interesting to see whether the name on the certificate matches what I have in my list.

Thank you Garry!
How do you know this document is from Bann J Nürnberg? I will ask about the name and date. But the post is from 2013 so it might be a long shot.

I heard rumors of a second award document but i couldn't find it.

Thank you,
cas

Hi Cas,

The certificate says "Bann Jungsturm". This was Bann J Nürnberg-Stadt (from 1941: Nürnberg). I didn't realise that the post over there was so old but if the member is still active he may be able to help. Many thanks :thumb:

The guy on the certificate is only an Oberscharführer so if he supposedly got a ring then there really should be a bunch of these certificates flying around and in collections. Like cas I can only think of two certificates that have surfaced. Nothing about them in the regulations either because if they were mentioned either Garry or Wim would have found something. I still have huge reservations about these rings being authentic..

Hello everyone, until yesterday I had no idea about the existence of this ring until it beeped under my coil. The find is from the Czech Republic, from the area of the former Sudetenland.

Attachments

Hi there,

I have probably quadrupled my amount of primary literature (including masses of sources that would definitely mention such a ring/award) since this thread started and yet I still don't see any mention of this ring in any of it. If these rings really are authentic TR items then all I can reasonably surmise is that they were unofficial. I remain very sceptical though.

Back