HJ M1/93 RZM Hitler youth Hat pin?

Thanks Received
HJ M1/93 RZM It was with my grandfathers letters from the war. Can't get a positive ID on this .Does anyone have knowledge on this item?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice one. This was once attached to headwear. There are two other fastener types: with splints for the HJ/DJ knife and with a safety pin attachment for wear on clothing. We didn't have an example of the M1/93 hat badge so I've added it to post #1. Thanks for posting it :thumb:

Nice one. This was once attached to headwear. There are two other fastener types: with splints for the HJ/DJ knife and with a safety pin attachment for wear on clothing. We didn't have an example of the M1/93 hat badge so I've added it to post #1. Thanks for posting it :thumb:
Thank you so much Gary!
I figured it attached to a hat. Is this something that is rare. This was amongst several items my grandfather brought back from the war. I am getting things organized, items identified. I am 61 now. I have survived incurable cancer, all is good. But it retired me because i gat an immunotherapy every 2 weeks. So, I have time to do this. My intention is only to identify and value the items , so that the next custodian of our family history will know. As I have always been learning about both the European and Pacific theaters since about 8 , when I started building models. Researching all of this , is something I am very much enjoying. 1 of the letters I have opened in the past. My grandfather was distraught, he had to face Old Men and Hitler Youth at the end of the war. I am wondering if that is when he acquired his item. Is there a date to put with the item and a possible value? I have no intention of selling any of he items. I know that was a lot, but it had been difficult to find others with the knowledge.

Richard

Last edited:
Back