HJ Mantel

Thanks Received
Hello! Wondering if this mantel is real or fake. I know it has a few period and a few modern repairs. Is 500 USD a good price?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The sleeve triangle/shoulder strap combination is wrong (Bann 742 was not in Gebiet Sudetenland) so there's no chance that the insignia that is now on the item was there originally. I will check but I am quite sure that the greatcoat had been phased out before the Sudetenland was even annexed. The greatcoat itself does look similar to the regulation item though. Hopefully others will join the thread.

Indeed Garry
the badges are mismatched, 742 is Rapotsweiler (Elsaß). The mantel is good but as you say, it was perhaps no longer regulatory at this time of the annexation of Sudetenland (end of 1938)

Hello Bert and Gary! Thanks for your responses their much appreciated! My only concern now is the buttons, are they period applied? I will attempt to un see the Sudetenland insignia very carefully and store it, I already have an armband and belt on the way!
Indeed Garry
the badges are mismatched, 742 is Rapotsweiler (Elsaß). The mantel is good but as you say, it was perhaps no longer regulatory at this time of the annexation of Sudetenland (end of 1938)

Benjamin ,
only the buttons from the "belt" are original ,they should be from leather and some of them have the RZM brand.
The triangle is genuise.
I wish you good fun with your project, when you're done, show us!

Benjamin ,
only the buttons from the "belt" are original ,they should be from leather and some of them have the RZM brand.
The triangle is genuise.
I wish you good fun with your project, when you're done, show us!
Will do, thank you for the information!

Back