HJ Meisterschützen (Master Shot) badge M1/63

Thanks Received
Need some opinions about this set. I have the impression that the black enamel is a bit hollow, is this just right or just not right then?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

As you know, these have always been a difficult badge due to how few of them were awarded and the fact that there are supposedly three manufacturers (M1/63, M1/120 and (disputed) M1/102). Personally I like the M1/63 although I know that some collectors don't like the concave ring enamel. The one I used to own also has that same characteristic:

Attachments

So whatever type you buy, you are never sure whether it is ok and there is always doubt??
Can't it be determined through the diamond?
What do you think of the booklets?
Would like to buy these, but if there is always doubt, this is a difficult purchase because they are not cheap either..

Yep, it's been like this for as long as I can remember. This is why Jo Rivett's work was so valuable. A proper examination of these badges is required otherwise it's little better than hearsay when people say "only this type is the good one" or "sunken enamel means this one is a fake".

I don't have any worries about the booklet and the award certificate (y)

I looked for a long time for the booklet and an award certificate and was never able to find them so I hope you're able to grab these for a good price :thumb:

Recently seen this for sale on Weitze, to be honest I don’t know if it is good. But I do like the wreath on this example. Traces of the firegilding can still be seen.

Attachments

I looked for a long time for the booklet and an award certificate and was never able to find them so I hope you're able to grab these for a good price :thumb:
If you consider a thousand bucks a good price, then yes :biggrin1:. But someone actually bought it.
I saw a Besitzurkunde some time ago for 250 euros.

Back