HJ Shorts Authentic?

Thanks Received
A little bit damaged. Asking for opinions regarding authenticity.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

They look like good, standard genua cord HJ/DJ shorts. Buy if you still can.

I decided to purchase them. Is anyone willing to share their experience and opinions on why the RZM tags sometimes read "Kniehose Genuakord" and other times only "Kniehose" for this item? I did not see an example in the RZM pdf from this site to give me an answer that one was required. I haven't yet had the time to read and translate that section.

Robert, it says that the RZM label for the HJ and DJ summer shorts should be fully stitched to the rear left (inside) waistband like it is on the pair that you showed. The difference in labels might be due to the fact that the first type of shorts was made from a different material and that the cord shorts came later. Maybe the producers were just using up old stock of labels on the new shorts.

Yes, I still haven't been able to find an introduction date for Genuakord shorts. Based on other information it must be post-1937 though. Genuakord is mentioned in the 1936 RZM regulations but not for shorts.

Garry I'm not shure about that? I often have seen photos of boys wearing Genuacord and the Jungvolk buckle with the siegrune which implies pre-37 - or am I wrong?

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Jack,

The DJ buckle should not have been worn after 1.1.1938 so my thinking is that the Genuakord shorts came in at some point between the date of publication of the 1936 RZM regs and 1937/8 but as I say, I can't find a mention of the Genuakord shorts being introduced even though the 1936 RZM pamphlet mentions the cord itself. There was a colour change to shorts that I mentioned here which also might have had some bearing on the introduction of cord but that's just speculation. I'll keep digging for an intro date for the cord shorts though.

Back