HJ standard bearer patches - blunt diamond vs pointed diamond

Thanks Received
I think the reason people believe the blunt diamond is widely accepted as the ultimate example is thanks to Angola's The HJ Vol. Two. I'm not educated on these but I'm certain, as with all insignia, there are variants.

I think the reason people believe the blunt diamond is widely accepted as the ultimate example is thanks to Angola's The HJ Vol. Two. I'm not educated on these but I'm certain, as with all insignia, there are variants.

The reason is because known originals always have the blunt diamond and those with pointy diamond are the wrong shape and size and there are known fakes that all have the pointy diamond. This was explored for example in this thread:

I have yet to see a pointy diamond patch that was authentic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason is because known originals always have the blunt diamond and those with pointy diamond are the wrong shape and size and there are known fakes that all have the pointy diamond. This was explored for example in this thread HJ Gefolgschaft and Fähnlein standard bearer patch - real vs fake I have yet to see a pointy diamond patch that was authentic.

okay, if the poster thinks the patch is okay, he then should believe it,
but it is as crack says: show me evidence there is a variation!

Here is an interesting point of view.
Yes Sir, I fully agree with you about the known variations.
However, the variants were tolerated by the party until 1936.
From 1938, no more tolerance for everyone and in all the Gebiets.
Regarding the "Standard Flag bearer" Patch, the authentic pattern is the one that is wide and not pointed.
All the Fakes, whose presence is important in all markets in the world, come from the USA, manufactured in the years 1970 to 1980.

Back