HJ Treffen 10.6.34

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

I like the graphics on this one. Castles and lions appeal to me.

Attachments

Hi Joe,
That's an interesting one. But there's not much information about the tinnie on it, is there? The castle and the lion help. It represents the coat of arms of the city of Lüneburg.

Hi Joe,
That's an interesting one. But there's not much information about the tinnie on it, is there? The castle and the lion help. It represents the coat of arms of the city of Lüneburg.
Hi Jack - I tried googling it but came up empty. I’m still looking. I’ve only seen one other before and someone beat me to it.
I’ve been searching all the photos here but haven’t found another yet. I do know others own it though.

I haven't found a copy either, even knowing the location doesn't help.

Odd, nothing with the date, nothing with the date and HJ Treffen, nothing with the additional indication of the place.
Let's see if there is any new idea tomorrow, it's late and my brain is tired. :confused1:

Hello,

Banntreffen of the HJ and the BDM on 9./10. June 1934:

Bann 189 in Oberbann 7 of the Nord-Nordsee held a Banntreffen in Lüneburg. The Untergau Harburg-Lüneburg scheduled its meeting on the same days.
The event began on Saturday on the market square in Lüneburg. 5000 boys and girls were present. A rally took place on the market square on Sunday. Gebietsführer Lühr and Obergebietsführerin Ida Hampel were present. Finally, the Gebietsführer consecrated 48 flags and pennants.

Greetings, Pele

the badge, is the city of CELLE

Attachments

the badge, is the city of CELLE

It sure looks like my tinnie. You must be right. Thanks Lahntal!
Regards Joe
Hello,

Banntreffen of the HJ and the BDM on 9./10. June 1934:

Bann 189 in Oberbann 7 of the Nord-Nordsee held a Banntreffen in Lüneburg. The Untergau Harburg-Lüneburg scheduled its meeting on the same days.
The event began on Saturday on the market square in Lüneburg. 5000 boys and girls were present. A rally took place on the market square on Sunday. Gebietsführer Lühr and Obergebietsführerin Ida Hampel were present. Finally, the Gebietsführer consecrated 48 flags and pennants.

Greetings, Pele
thanks for your research Pele.
Regards Joe

The Celle coat of arms does indeed look like this at first glance. The towns belonged to the same principality for a while. And now comes the contra, why the badge shows Lüneburg and not Celle. In heraldry, every little detail counts. The tinnie shows the shield with the lion vertically, not leaning at an angle. Just above it, you can see a piece of the portcullis. Compare this with the coat of arms of Lüneburg. Does it match?

And some heraldic tip: if possible, look for a contemporary image, coats of arms are sometimes changed or modernised.

In 1934, both towns belonged to Gebiet 7, Nordsee, sorry for cerrecting that.

Attachments

Wow…..now we’ve got a good debate going here. I love it and I’m learning a lot. I see the differences Jack. They are so similar but Luneburg appears to be an exact match. So I guess I need to research Luneburg events for that date. Getting closer. Thanks Jack.

too bad to no longer have access to the lists year after year, since the BLue rule, which was very useful, so as not to make any mistakes

Back