HJ Trumpet and Banner

P

peterB

Hi. I have this trumpet with Banner. The banner has a coat-of arms from Bocholt, (in the district of Wesel) which is a symbol of a beech tree. On the other side is a sig rune, but is not the white on black that I am used to seeing but has a black sig on diagonal white/red. The trumpet has a sig rune near the Bell.

Is this banner an HJ or some other organisation? Is the red/white significant or just a normal variation? Can this be assigned to a period in the HJ organisation and is the trumpet in keeping with the banner?

From the Bann lists (thanks everyone who contributed) have found Bocholt to be in Bann No 261 (Bocholt-Haltern) in Gebiet 9 Westfalen 1933, but seems to have disappeared by 1934. Does this sound correct and this be used to date the banner, or will sub-units below the Bann level have had their own banners and it could therefore belong to any period?

Thanks for any info out there

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Another interesting item. The snaps in lieu of ties is unusual. Also the rune side of the banner is not something I have seen before. Quite unusual looking, but also appears period to me from the photos. There are a lot of odd and unusual banners from the early period prior to standardization that were used.

From the Bann lists (thanks everyone who contributed) have found Bocholt to be in Bann No 261 (Bocholt-Haltern) in Gebiet 9 Westfalen 1933, but seems to have disappeared by 1934. Does this sound correct and this be used to date the banner, or will sub-units below the Bann level have had their own banners and it could therefore belong to any period?

Hi Peter,

In Jan 1934 Bann 261 was renamed to Weißes Fenn. It still had its HQ in Bocholt though.

Very interesting banner and as Darin says, tons of variation on these early on. Having said that the design of yours is of course vastly different to the standard DJ banner. They seem to have combined the red and white of the HJ and the DJ rune so perhaps this was for a special occasion?

Back