How accurate is the jojo rabbit uniform

Only looked at a few stills so far but the uniform looks pretty good. Having said that, in one still he is carrying a knife that doesn't seem to have a diamond in the grip. I'd have to check the credits but perhaps they got Thomas Wittmann in as an "expert" :biggrin1: :

You don't have permission to view attachments.

The rune patch was only sewn on like that for a short period and only for certain ranks so he should just have the patch as a circle without the base patch. The shirt buttons are wrong too and the neckscarf should normally be longer at the front:

Fantasy triangle of course. With that Jungbann number it should be Sud Wurttemberg. Also his is the only cloth eagle that looks correct. The others are all obviously fakes :):

There are other things like the DJ buckle and the early winter jacket which were both phased out but I don't know the exact year being portayed here. If it's supposed to be post-1937 you could argue that he wouldn't be wearing that buckle. Everyone in all of the pics I've checked out so far had a full uniform which actually wouldn't have been the case back then due to money initially and then money/material shortages in the later years.

All in all though pretty good.

Attachments

Back