How do I find out what HJ Bann these early boys are from?

Thanks Received
Hello all, I have this photo of a group shot of very early HJ DJ members. They have a number of 20 on their boards which looks to be a homemade type board. How do I find out which area this is from?
Thank you all

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Strumble69

Bann 20 is from Jüterbog-Luckenwalde - which is located in the old East Germany - se map below place marked with red

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Very nice photo .
They have the very first shoulders with the same system as the SA because Hj was subordinate to the SA, this does not correspond to the later number.
It's difficult to find the corresponding numbers. I don't have the list

Very nice photo .
They have the very first shoulders with the same system as the SA because Hj was subordinate to the SA, this does not correspond to the later number.
It's difficult to find the corresponding numbers. I don't have the list

I would disagree there because the period where the HJ was under control of the SA was May 1931 to May 1932. At this time there were no Banne (the first Bann was raised in the summer of 1932) and so no Bann numbers. There was an Infantry Regiment 20 in Jüterbog and traditionally the Banne took their numbers from their regional regiment so with all of that in mind I think that the boys pictured must be from Bann 20.

Thank you for this correction GARRY, I must admit that I do not master this transition period, I myself have a pair of shouder-boards of this type but I do not know to which bann it corresponds.I will post a photo later in the hope that someone can give me an answer.In any case it is a very beautiful document STRUMBLE that we rarely have the opportunity to see and be able to discuss in order to deepen our knowledge and avoid errors, as in my case.

my shoulder-boards 102 , green is correct for SACHSEN i think but i would like to know more about this pair

Attachments

Hi Bertrand

It fits very well with your own assumption, as Bann 102 is from the city of Zittau - (Obergebit: Mitte - Gebiet: Sachsen).

Zittau is located here:

And here you se Mitte / Sachsen

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Visor

Attachments

Strictly speaking, it is not the green that stands for Saxony, but rather the combination of white and green (Landesfarben/State colours).
Jüterbog should have white-red, as it is Brandenburg.

What is perhaps also important for the Banne is that these not only cover a specific town, but usually the entire district (Landkreis). This is particularly important for the assignment of smaller municipalities to Bann numbers in later times.

Nice straps, Bertrand! (y)

Thank you Jack and Michael for these interesting details.
I will have other shoulder-straps to show you and that you can comment on. (I will post the photos next week)

Hello all, I have this photo of a group shot of very early HJ DJ members. They have a number of 20 on their boards which looks to be a homemade type board. How do I find out which area this is from?
Thank you all

I am surprised to see in this photo several children wearing the armband even though they do not have shoulder paws...
Wasn't that common at the time?
Can a DJ wear the armband?

Back