I could use some opinions on a tinnie I purchased a couple of weeks ago?

Thanks Received
Hello to all. Would you please give me your opinions on weather the pin on this piece has been replaced
You don't have permission to view attachments.

After reviewing RMR’s post and accompanying photos of his Jungbann L Aufmarsch Selm tinnie I am wondering if the pin on mine was replaced. We’re there any variants?
I hope I’m wrong. If it has been replace I may try returning it to the seller.
Thanks - Joe

Attachments

Hello Carlyle
I sometimes buy with a resoldered pin, but better done, if the price is reasonable keep it and remove the pin, otherwise return to the seller, unless rare and not easy to get
JF

Very nice tinnie, one not so often encountered. For me this is a little puzzling, I have had many tinnies with pin replacements but its usually a tell tale sign when its poor soldering or a new type pin. With yours here, to me it looks like this tinnie was changed to a 2 prong back to fit onto a hat. Of course this pin back is not the original pin to the tinnie, but wouldn't make much sense for someone post war to add this sort of pin to the back of it?

Thank you for your reply. What you said makes sense. I have seen hat pins quite similar to this one and it looks like a home made fix. I am currently in negotiations with Militeria de Foerier.
They offered to take it back but not for the full value since the purchase was 4 months ago. Shipping, insurance, etc also need to be taken into consideration.
I will consider your offer. If you are really interested, pm me.

Back