Jungzug Blucker Fahnlein 13 Flag/Banner . Doing research on it.

Thanks Received
trying to do some research on a flag or banner that is black (single sided) with a single white S in the middle with tan square in the upper left that states:

Jungzug 1
Blucher
Fahnlein 13

Tried to attach the picture. Size is 29 x 20 inches. Anyone know much about it?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice, this will be a pre-1935 Jungvolk flag for a Jungzug (representing around 150 young boys). These flags were no longer used after that year but could be given honour status and kept on display.

Nice banner , you got that super cheap at the auction .

The flag is great. But I've seen it for years on a dealers website before. I think the reason it did not sell was the small size of the flag. Too small for an early Gefolgschaft or Fähnlein flag I would say. But I like the design which was probably homemade.
Best, Thomas

I could not pass it up, however, I thought it was a Hitler Youth. When I did some research after the auction I could not find any pics of any similar banners/flags in any of the HJ rallies. Glad I asked on this page. Feeling better about my purchase.

Yes, I would agree with Crack on this one. Just a quick correction on the numbers of boys represented by the flag: the DJ Jungzug (comprising four Jungenschaften - the smallest DJ unit) represented around 40 boys. The Fähnlein represented 150 :thumb:

Back