kinderausweis and a full sheet of Dein Sparen Hilft Dem Volk stamps

Thanks Received
this is being auctioned as an HJ item?
i don`t see any connection to the HJ?!!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

the seller is also auctioning of this stamp sheet. what would be an ok price for the stamps?

Attachments

Until 2006 a children's ID [Kinderausweis] could be issued for all German citizens under 16 years. The card was regarded as identification and passport for children. So no connection to HJ. From June 2012 all children [from birth] need to have their own passport when they travel abroad. Kinderausweis was also issued in DDR.

Sparmarkenheft für die HJ

Indeedy, not a HJ document. Here's another from 1932:

Same chap as a Fähnleinführer 6 years later:

The savings stamps for the "Sparmarkenheft für die HJ" are not worth much in my opinion because the offer appears to be for a page from the savings book as opposed to being the whole book. Also, it only has the 10Rpf stamps and I would guess that someone interested in an item like this would prefer to see a few 50Rpf and 20Rpf stamps mixed in there too.

Actually, on that 20Rpf stamp; when this new savings scheme was introduced for the HJ in 1940 (fully up and running by April 1941) there were only two stamps (10Rpf and 50Rpf). I don't know when the 20Rpf was introduced.

From the regulation concerning the introduction of the Sparmarkenheft 1941:

And the cover of a used book:

Attachments

ok.
the reason for children to have this kinda id were for travelling abroad?
because i see no other reason to for it?!!
so, the HJ had a savings book?
hm,now i understand the reason for stamps.
i thought the stamps were to show that the parents had paid for things like housing, food, material etc.?
but what about the nsdap stamps in the Hj ausweis?
why not also use Rpf stamps there also?
or am i missing the point totally?:crying:

ok.
the reason for children to have this kinda id were for travelling abroad?
because i see no other reason to for it?!!
A general ID really, like our cc size Personalausweis, used for all manner of things and light to carry around. By 1935 you really would want to carrying a form of ID on you i guess.
Dont forget where Germany is when you say "for traveling abroad" because many of it`s neighboring countries are only a few hours drive away, and are used as day-trip places to visit, hop over the border in the morning hop back in the afternoon.
Normal kids I.D card really, a few bob maybe to someone who falls for the description.

so, the HJ had a savings book?
hm,now i understand the reason for stamps.
i thought the stamps were to show that the parents had paid for things like housing, food, material etc.?
but what about the nsdap stamps in the Hj ausweis?
why not also use Rpf stamps there also?
or am i missing the point totally?:crying:

Hi,

Those savings stamps were introduced specifically for the savings book in 1941. They didn't exist before that. The stamps in the Hitlerjugend membership cards were dues stamps which were discontinued on the 31st of October 1940 along with the monthly payments for accident insurance and the insurance card itself (Versicherungskarte). Also discontinued was the payment of the "Langemarck Pfennig der deutschen Jugend".

You'll sometimes see Hitler Youth membership cards with stamps that stop a little before October 1940 and that can be explained by the original order which stipulated that overdue payments were to be ignored when the changeover happened.

The reason for the drive to save is given in the order which emphasises the importance of savings for the German economy. It is also mentioned that regular payments into the savings book would help Hitler Youth members save towards the cost of summer camps, trips and the replacement of worn out clothing and personal equipment.

Back