Kurhessen HJ camp

Thanks Received
Hello to all, Happy New Year.
Would anyone per chance have a photo/postcard of the HJ leisure camp Kurhessen by the lake.
Thank you .
Bill
You don't have permission to view attachments.
Freizeitlager der Kurhessisch HJ an der see
Leisure Camp of the Kurhessen HJ by the see ( Lake )

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Thank you for the information.

Hi thank you for the information, I had never thought of the camp being by the sea. With the shoulder triangle reading West Kurhessen I immediately thought the camp might have been local.

Thank you once again
Bill

Hi Bill,

My pleasure.
Most Gebiete chose an attractive destination outside their own territories for their compulsory big summer camps. Saxons went to the Alpes or Sudeten Mountains, the Berlin ones went to Pommerania or Silesia, and so on. The Kurhessen guys obviously liked the sea.
An example: Fähnlein 43 of Bann Leipzig (107) went to Schmiedeberg/Sudeten for two weeks in August 1939. Everyone had to pay an amount of 23 RM (quite steep considering the average wage of 160 RM). And once again, it was a mandatory event.
Only the youngsters of Jungzug IV (aged 10) weren't permitted to do such a long trip, they went to Saxon Switzerland but this ride wasn't much cheaper, they had to pay 20 RM.
So if you had a larger number of children your wallet didn't enjoy those camps very much.

Back