M7/5 Carl Julius Krebs HJ knife

Thanks Received
Got it in a trade from someone who said his grandpa collected it - he couldn't verify authenticity. The finger guard is broken off, and it's missing the hilt snap. Looks old to me, but does anyone have any tricks to tell if it's a fake?

Also the perspectives on the pics with the ruler make it weird. The whole knife length is 9 3/8ths, Blade length is 5 1/4

Hi there,

We don't allow externally-hosted images because if they are deleted at some point this renders useless any thread that relies upon them.

Would you mind attaching the images of the knife directly to the thread?

Sorry about that - here are some photos. Please let me know if there are any other specific photos or angles that might help in identifying. Cheers!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I don't see any problems there. A late, no-motto knife by Krebs. It isn't dated but some late knives weren't.

Hi GuitarsandDrums

Pricing is always difficult, as there are MANY opinions about what things should cost.

BUT I dare to give MY opinion.

I would estimate the price of an HJ knife in normal condition at €400,- maybe a little more. When the fingerguard is broken off and the hilt snap is also missing, I personally would not pay more than €200,-

I hope you can use my answer for something, and maybe you will get a different opinion from another member of the forum.

Michael :denmark

Thanks so much. I was thinking about putting it on some knife forums in NA for about 250usd. I think they are a little more rare in NA and get a bit higher price. Would anyone on this forum be interested for 200 eur? Any tips for shipping to Europe?

Back