Marine HJ 1/49 Stolpmünde 1/49 with gold letters cap tally. Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks Received
This tally does not match any known type 2 cap tallies of the MHJ nor does the bann number and name match as far as I can see.

Any thoughts on this one?

The story that went with this is as follows:

Text from WAF from a German collector (not Marine HJ)

The tally was within an amazing collection in Southern Germany. I was asked several years ago to buy it as I have distant relatives / family in Ustka (formerly Stolpmünde). According to some info from a “cousin”, his great grandfather was member of this Marine-HJ unit. I negated due to price. I don’t know where the tally is now. (Just in case you would ask me)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I don't think that there's necessarily a contradiction between the named location and the Bann 49 as the small coastal town Stolpmünde was located in the Landkreis/district Stolp (i.e. Bann 49). Maybe the Marinegefolgschaft 1 was located there?

Here's another example (I didn't get that photo, and it still pisses me off :001_rolleyes:). Gefolgschaft 2/104, and the name's not Chemnitz (as one would expect when reading Bann 104) but Limbach(-Oberfrohna), a town nearby where obviously Gefolgschaft 2 was based.

Attachments

That makes sense, at least some sort of explanation. However, the gold letters are a problem but not completely inexplicable either. Anything was possible IMO with these marine HJ units and possibly they had the order filled at a business that made KM tallies and the blue ribbon with white letters were not available. I have MHJ tallies with the black tallies and we are familiar with those and even handmade MHJ tallies. So just because this tally does not fit the regulation does not mean it was not worn by those boys.

Back