MEMBERSHIP BADGE RZM M1/3

Thanks Received
I present to you my silver HJ mod member badge or headdress.

It is annotated above M1/3.

For Max Kremhelmer in Munich.

I ask myself several questions.

This badge exists in silver mod like here and in gold mod.

Which came out first?

Can we know the year of production with the RZM M1/3 number?

When did the first metal badges appear?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
The membership badge was only made with a "silver" appearance. Any membership badges that look "gold", that are authentic and are not the HJ honour badge will have been subject to wear or some other process. The actual "gold" HJ membership badges were called HJ honour badges (HJ-Ehrenzeichen) and were specifically awarded to those Hitler Youth members who were either still in the organisation in 1934 (introduction of the honour badge) or who had maintained an unbroken membership of an NSDAP organisation since 2.10.1932.

Officially, the diamond membership badge was introduced in September 1933 but it had been around before that. The first official examples were made exclusively by Hoffstätter and later by Assmann as demand increased. After that many other manufacturers were given licences to make the badge.

Dating back to 1931 the diamond badge was initially seen as being for Jungmädel and BDM (the males used the round Arbeiterjugend badge and were forbidden from wearing the diamond badge). In 1932 the diamond badge began to be used by males on headress but this was unofficial. From 8.9.1933 the diamond badge became the official insignia for all branches of the Hitler Youth.

I don't know when manufacturer M1/3 was awarded a licence to produce these badges but others may well do.

The membership badge was only made with a "silver" appearance. Any membership badges that look "gold", that are authentic and are not the HJ honour badge will have been subject to wear or some other process. The actual "gold" HJ membership badges were called HJ honour badges (HJ-Ehrenzeichen) and were specifically awarded to those Hitler Youth members who were either still in the organisation in 1934 (introduction of the honour badge) or who had maintained an unbroken membership of an NSDAP organisation since 2.10.1932.

Officially, the diamond membership badge was introduced in September 1933 but it had been around before that. The first official examples were made exclusively by Hoffstätter and later by Assmann as demand increased. After that many other manufacturers were given licences to make the badge.

Dating back to 1931 the diamond badge was initially seen as being for Jungmädel and BDM (the males used the round Arbeiterjugend badge and were forbidden from wearing the diamond badge). In 1932 the diamond badge began to be used by males on headress but this was unofficial. From 8.9.1933 the diamond badge became the official insignia for all branches of the Hitler Youth.

I don't know when manufacturer M1/3 was awarded a licence to produce these badges but others may well do.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
The 2 badges presented (silver and copper) were brought back by a member of my family in 1945 from Germany.

I've added this one to our database. It's the first M1/3 standard badge that we've had on the forum. Thanks for posting it.

Back