My first Hitler Youth badges - real or fake ?

Thanks Received
Hello ,

I'm Roger and i just started my collection . So i'm new in this .
I purchased my first badges . What do you think ? Have i bought fakes or not ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I wasn't sure on the membership badge , because of the way the needle is mounted on the plate . I've not found an image of a similar mounting yet .

Looks like a good M1/9 - maker Robert Hauschild. Curious if it is magnetic ... stick a magnet to the back pin side and let us know . Nice badge ! :yo:

Badge makers used a few different types of metals and alloys for badge construction ( messing , Iron , zinc etc. ) and Hauschild was known to produce iron based Party badges so it was really just curiosity. Your M1/9 will be silver washed messing .
:canada1

Thanks a lot for that info . Have you any idea when it's been made (which timeframe ) ? Do you know of which material the two sports acheivement badges are made ?
I know i pose a lot of questions ,but i like to have as much information as possible . :belgium

Hi roger

The two sports badges are made og aluminium.

My 1935 and 1936 to 1939 type are made of aluminium, my 1940 to 1942 type are made of plastic and my 1943 are made of pressed iron plate (I have 2 types, the "half circle leaves and full circle leaves).

You can also see the conditions for taking the badge on this thread:

HJ Reichssportwettkampf winners badges - qualification

And roger, don't hesitate to ask your questions, that what this forum :first:is about - sharing knowledge

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back