My first HJ knife M7/40 Hartkopf & Co.

Thanks Received
Hello, I hope you are well, I am picking up this HJ knife and would really appreciate your opinion on it and the maker.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I hope you are well, I am picking up this HJ knife and would really appreciate your opinion on it and the maker.
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the the HJ Research forum. I am no expert on HJ knifes but it looks good to me. A nice transitional knife, as it has a good makers name on the blade and RZM number with date on the ricasso, looks to have nickel silver fittings, they started using zinc fittings from 1938, correct black leather work, it was brown on earlier scabbards. Nice non chipped HJ diamond. A nice condition HJ knife for its age. Look on the forum you will see many other examples of this maker.

Best regards....Ewan

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the the HJ Research forum. I am no expert on HJ knifes but it looks good to me. A nice transitional knife, as it has a good makers name on the blade and RZM number with date on the ricasso, looks to have nickel silver fittings, they started using zinc fittings from 1938, correct black leather work, it was brown on earlier scabbards. Nice non chipped HJ diamond. A nice condition HJ knife for its age. Look on the forum you will see many other examples of this maker.

Best regards....Ewan
Hello Ewan!
Thank you very much for your comment! I will be browsing the site a lot..

Back