Named HJ Knife RZM M7/13 - opinions please

Thanks Received
Just wondering what opinions people have on it and what information can be given on it (such as possible year of make, what m7/13 means etc).

Also on the last picture you can see missing plating and a dull blue colour (this colour is also present on the fingerguard.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
It’s an original knife and scabbard, the RZM 7/13 refers to the manufacturer, which is Schuttelhofer, not Seilheimer as is stated in his description.

The flaked plating has exposed the zinc hilt, which is a blue/grey colour, and is quite often seen on later produced pieces.

Regards

Russ

I should also mention that there's no cotton in the scabbard but im not sure if it's important or not

Some have cotton on the runners, some do not, so do not worry about that.

Regards

Russ

My HJ Knife scabbard is named, do you think you can help?25.08.1924

The owner placed his named on it ("Franz Engelhardt"). Currently I'm on a mission to find the original owner.

Unfortunately, a name is all I have. No further documentation came with it. However, because this HJ would had been involved in the war there would be records of them, so I have a few candidates.

With the help of Russ, I've been directed to a couple of websites included the website to locate German gravesites as well as manufacturer details ( the knife is a RZM M7/13). Seeing as my HJ Knife is an RZM M7/13 with no Motto, the knife would had been made sometime after August 1938.
Now there are 3 people of that name who were born in the 20s, but died/went missing during the war.

Franz Engelhardt
#1 24.10.1922- died 14.07.43', near Kursk. Aged 19
#2 25.08.1924- died 26.04.1945, unknown location. Aged 21
#3 21.09.1925- Missing 07.04.1944, Russia. Aged 18.

Their ages place them in the highly likely groups that would had been in the HJ to own my particular model of knife., #1 is a maybe, but still counted. There is another Franz born in 1920, but he is in the unlikely area.

Because there's not so much to go on, I'm asking for those who have a particular said of skills whom are interested in researching this with me to see if there's anything I can do to locate the right Franz. With nothing but a name, and 3 possibilities, I'm hoping to narrow it to one. Because they died so young, I doubt they'd have much family.

There is no list of HJ members known so you wuill need incredible luck to find exactly him. But you have some names that are good candidates.

Back