new at home

Hi Lahntal,

Lovely HJ tinnies, never seen them before, thanks for posting them on the forum.

Best regards...Ewan

Hi jean-fancois
For my part, I have already seen the one on the left but do not know the other.
THANKS

Hello
here is my latest purchase

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Very nice. Thank you for posting them with us.
Hello
here is my latest purchase

Very nice tinnies. Thanks for posting them with us. Could you tell us what they say and if you know anything about their history I’d love to hear about it.
Joe

No, unfortunately, there may be BERT159 who could help us, Garry obviously but, I don't see him again on the Forum

here is the base of the badge a monument in Altenkirchen

Attachments

Yes of course it have a BANNnumber but in this case the tinnie is only for the gefolgschaft 3

I've added the tinnie text to post #1.

correct, but gefolgschaft 3? Altenkirchen does not have a ban number

The Gefolgschaften were numbered in roman numerals (and were a lot bigger) until they were deprecated as part of a structural reorganisation completed in August 1933. The area originally covered by Gefolgschaft III would have been split up into smaller areas with a Gefolgschaft (1, 2 etc and equivalent for the DJ and girls' units) covering the territory. This changeover fits with the date on the tinnie and will be the reason for the commemoration of this disbanded unit.

Altenkirchen was the location of a Gefolgschaft within Bann 247. In 1941 I have it as Gefolgschaft 21 but it is likely to have had a different number prior to this.

The other tinnie is for a Bann B8 rally. Bann B8 (Rothenburg ob der Tauber) was redesignated to Bann 308 on 1.1.1936.

Hello
Thanks Garry
for all these very clear explanations, for an infrequent badge
happy to be able to read you, with always so much pleasure
Jean Francois

I've added the tinnie text to post #1.

The Gefolgschaften were numbered in roman numerals (and were a lot bigger) until they were deprecated as part of a structural reorganisation completed in August 1933. The area originally covered by Gefolgschaft III would have been split up into smaller areas with a Gefolgschaft (1, 2 etc and equivalent for the DJ and girls' units) covering the territory. This changeover fits with the date on the tinnie and will be the reason for the commemoration of this disbanded unit.

Altenkirchen was the location of a Gefolgschaft within Bann 247. In 1941 I have it as Gefolgschaft 21 but it is likely to have had a different number prior to this.

The other tinnie is for a Bann B8 rally. Bann B8 (Rothenburg ob der Tauber) was redesignated to Bann 308 on 1.1.1936.
Thanks Gary for this information. You are a fountain of knowledge.
Joe

Back