Niedersächsische Hitler-Jugend (1945)

Thanks Received
A flyer from the very last days of the Third Reich. Quite interesting.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thank you for showing that, Osvald. This must really be from the last phase. You can literally smell the desperation between the lines.
For those who can't read German that well:
The most important thing: Don't get caught at it. Play dumb, be inventive, always find new ways and tricks, then success is guaranteed.
No wonder the Allies assumed a large Werwolf movement, which in reality was not true at all.

Thank you for showing that, Osvald. This must really be from the last phase. You can literally smell the desperation between the lines.
For those who can't read German that well:
The most important thing: Don't get caught at it. Play dumb, be inventive, always find new ways and tricks, then success is guaranteed.
No wonder the Allies assumed a large Werwolf movement, which in reality was not true at all.
Thanks, glad you appreciate the post.

Hi Osvald21,

is this leaflet ("Flugblatt") in your personal possession, or are the images taken from the internet?
(I ask, because I would be interested in the "collector's value" of such a document...) ;)

A translation into English would of course be possible, but it would mean a lot of work...

Nevertheless, thank you very much for posting it, the text is really interesting, I hadn't seen it before.

The German motto "Ran an den Feind!" ("Go for the enemy!") probably originates from the imperial period, or the years of the First World War.
This motto can be found on some historical books, as well as on children's books of the time, etc.

Micha

P.S. This german "Schlachtruf" ("War Cry") is misused in many ways these days, but I don't want to go into detail about that here.

Attachments

Last edited:
There was the Dutch collector who called himself "PropCollector".

His first name was Hans, the man was very active in Internet forums, he was an absolute authority on the subject of German propaganda leaflets.

The expert and dear friend Hans has unfortunately passed away, his website no longer exists.

The man could have answered any questions about that leaflet, any. (y)

Link: AHF "propcollector": Axis History Forum - Search

Rest in peace, my dear friend Hans!

Micha

Hi Osvald21,

is this leaflet ("Flugblatt") in your personal possession, or are the images taken from the internet?
(I ask, because I would be interested in the "collector's value" of such a document...) ;)

A translation into English would of course be possible, but it would mean a lot of work...

Nevertheless, thank you very much for posting it, the text is really interesting, I hadn't seen it before.

The German motto "Ran an den Feind!" ("Go for the enemy!") probably originates from the imperial period, or the years of the First World War.
This motto can be found on some historical books, as well as on children's books of the time, etc.

Micha

P.S. This german "Schlachtruf" ("War Cry") is misused in many ways these days, but I don't want to go into detail about that here.

Hello Micha,

No, it is not in my possession unfortunately. I tried to win it at auction, but was not the highest bidder. I just saved the pictures as it is an interesting piece of history.

Osvald

Hi Osvald,

Thanks for your answer, I didn't expect anything else.

These "late" leaflets are very rare, I have never seen the specimen on your two photos as an original, never...

Decades ago, blank envelopes were found in my family's estates.
These envelopes were imprinted with "Strafgefangenenlager Papenburg"

Emslandlager: Emslandlager – Wikipedia

I wanted to throw those envelopes away decades ago, I didn't want anything to do with them.
Many years later, my grandmother told me, that her older sister's fiancé, a German communist, disappeared without a trace in the Emsland camps.

If I remember correctly, the name of the man was Willi/Willy Körber.

German history, many questions will never be answered, it is what it is.

Micha

Back