NPEA collection

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
After many years, I can finally welcome an NPEA dagger to my collection. The dagger and side cap are from my home area of Ilfeld.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice set , pimpf .
On this old thread ,the eagle had a black outline, the one of your winter cap is more like the "classic" one found on the Hj summer cap.
I agree with you that it is a lighter background of the eagle. I still have a loose eagle in my collection that is also for an NPEA side cap. There were probably different versions.
I will inquire what the difference is.

Attachments

Maybe it's just the manufacturer or the year of manufacture, there's been a lot of change over time. I don't know if it's significant. I have an eagle with a black outline on a W-L side-cap but which is woven, it's the only one, all the others are "white"

Maybe it's just the manufacturer or the year of manufacture, there's been a lot of change over time. I don't know if it's significant. I have an eagle with a black outline on a W-L side-cap but which is woven, it's the only one, all the others are "white"
Hello Bertrand,
the light brown cotton eagle of this Overseas Cap is well regulatory for this type of cap with the old NPEA Tag in black ink inside.
It was only at the beginning of the war that the background of the cloth changed from light brown to dark brown (Baize or Wool).
From 1942, the cloth changes again to become Feldgrau.

Best Regards
Eric

Hello, I found this cap on the net, SA or NPEA or other? It is a W-L type cotton cap.
Thank you for your feedback

Attachments

I've never seen a side cap like this before. But I could imagine that it might be an NPEA for the summer.

Hello, I found this cap on the net, SA or NPEA or other? It is a W-L type cotton cap.
Thank you for your feedback

Hello Bertrand,

the cotton NPEA Sommermütze must have the white Piping and the NPEA Tag inside, red for the early period and black for the rest.

Hi , thank you both for the replies It's a subject I don't know much about.

There is two NPEA Caps on Regimentals Website, has anyone any opinions on the two hats, as i was thinking about buying them.
Any help would be great.

the two hats in question.

Attachments

Back