NPEA Guns, Dagger & Shoulder Boards

Thanks Received
a photo of 2 DSM34 Mauser training rifles, NPEA dagger & NPEA shoulder boards, period box of .22 ammo. On rifle is marked NPEA N (Naumberg), the other rifle is NPEA K for Köslin.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice Zacker. Do you have a photo of the DSM actions and serial numbers for a data base?

In addition to rifles, apparently NPEA students practiced pistol shooting with Walther Olympic models.

Attachments

In addition to rifles, apparently NPEA students practiced pistol shooting with Walther Olympic models.

That's good info. Thank you.

I have an order here from the RJF dated March 1942 which discusses the provision of batches of war bounty Tesching items (the order doesn't specify whether pistol or rifle) to the HJ-Gebiete. The RJF initially supplied each Gebiet with several hundred of them and mentions further batches becoming available for distribution soon. The Teschings were initially only to be used for practising the various aiming stances and it was expressly forbidden to live-fire them until it was possible to fit the correct sights. Not that I know what a Tesching is, other than the calibre. Do you know more about them?

Not that I know what a Tesching is, other than the calibre. Do you know more about them?
Neither do I. :biggrin1:
Wikipedia, however, does. And Meyers Lexikon also.

German wiki
English version

Meyers Lexikon (1906) also mentions the reference to Teschen, but as "alleged".
A "Zimmerstutzen" is a very similar sporting weapon, the predecessor of the air rifle, which was long regarded as a kind of children's toy.

Ah, so "Tesching" isn't a specific make of rifle/pistol but rather a generic term for .22 (or thereabouts) shooters?

Yes, the kind of weapons with extremely low penetrating power (you can only shoot through a piece of wood from a distance of 10 to 20 cm) that were probably found at fairground stalls a hundred years ago. For which the air rifle has been used for several decades.
Let's see if someone can explain this to us in a bit more detail.

Neither do I. :biggrin1:
Wikipedia, however, does. And Meyers Lexikon also.

German wiki
English version

Meyers Lexikon (1906) also mentions the reference to Teschen, but as "alleged".
A "Zimmerstutzen" is a very similar sporting weapon, the predecessor of the air rifle, which was long regarded as a kind of children's toy.
The term Teschen was apparently a little used term. I looked for any reference to it in my 1941 edition of Gerhard Bock's "Modern Faustfeuerwaffen und Ihr Gebrauch" which was the literal bible of German shooting sport at that time. The German Wiki indicated the caliber could be from 5,6 to 6,5mm but the images are of 22 lr and 4mm rimmed cartridges. The 4mm rimmed was often used in target rifles. The 5,6mm lang für Buchsen was standard caliber in the DSM 34 shown above as well as the KKW, its successor. The Zimmerschützen was the famous indoor target rifle used throughout Germany and Austria in from the early 1900s through the 1940s. At the same time, the Luftgewehr was standard issue for DJ marksmanship. Diana and other companies produced them. Here are some marksmanship cards for both DJ and HJ.

Attachments

The forum watermark is obscuring the Gefolgschaft number a little on your pic #4 but is that 8/91?

Back