NSJV Flemish Jungvolk fanfare banner opinion

Thanks Received
Hi,

I need some opinions on this trumpet flag.
It has the flemish lion on it with jungvolk rune at the other side.
It would be from the NSJV (Flemish Hitlerjugend)
What do you think?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Sorry to revive this thread but is there anyone who can show me a period picture of this trumpet banner in use ?
I’m putting together a few Flemish youth organization uniforms so I have been doing lots off research on the NSJV lately and I say it’s a fake.
Well made, that’s true, but fake nonetheless.

Why exactly is it fake? Because the design did not exist?

Well, exactly that…
I have talked to a few former NSJV / Vlaamsche Jeugd / HJ Flanders members who all told me it never existed myself.
Besides that I’m also very closely befriended with the widow and son of a man who was a member in al 3 organizations. (Started of in the NSJV , then made a transfer after the DeVlag had formed the Vlaamsche Jeugd , only to transfer once more shortly after that to the Flemish HJ)
His son who has been collecting everything about the different Flemish Youth organizations for over 40 years by now and knowing most if not all former members who survived the war and lived long enough had the chance to thoroughly examine this trumpet flag and the Vlaamsche Jeugd wimpel from the other thread I revived and has dismissed both of them as being fake fantasy pieces.
Now , with that level of expertise to base myself on I'm gonna be the last person to question his knowledge. So if he says they’re fakes I certainly believe him and anyone else is gonna have to come up with some pretty hard evidence to change my mind about that. 😉

Only 3 different designs of trumpet flag are known to have existed (I can show al 3 if needed) and I’m not gonna say 100 but I’m 99% sure any evidence of this one being nr. 4 is gonna turn up somewhere in the future.

Great answer, thanks very much for that (y) Certainly for my education it would be great if you could show the three versions that are good.

hello KevMAR
thank you for this informations.It's very interesting
It s difficult to find books and documents about NSJV ,Verdinaso or Jeunesse wallone . I like it . I only have a book about "legion Wallonie" with some photos of the youth movement .
If you have time, please post photos of what you have.
You probably know the LUC de BART website “military.be”. There are beautiful things there

Great answer, thanks very much for that (y) Certainly for my education it would be great if you could show the three versions that are good.
Sure , here you go. 😉
The black one has the G for Ghent (Gent in Flemish) , The Silver one has the M for Mechelen, and the one pictured is the one for the Youth that would volunteer for the Germaanse Landdienst (Germanishe Landdienst in German) and also has the same design as was used for the GL in Germany and Holland. The photograph is published in the Foreign legion book series by David Littlejohn.
In the front you can see Edgar Lehembre , who was the NSJV leader at the time , and Jetje Claessen who was in charge of the DMS (Dietsche MeisjesScharen) , the girl branch of the NSJV.

Attachments

hello KevMAR
thank you for this informations.It's very interesting
It s difficult to find books and documents about NSJV ,Verdinaso or Jeunesse wallone . I like it . I only have a book about "legion Wallonie" with some photos of the youth movement .
If you have time, please post photos of what you have.
You probably know the LUC de BART website “military.be”. There are beautiful things there

Hi, yes I know Luc very well actually.
As far as I know he has one of the largest (or most famous because of his website) collections of Flemish Volunteer and Collaboration movements in the country , if not in the world.
it’s very impressive, and even more when you see it in real live. 😉

And yes, there is a serious lack of reference material regarding the Flemish , and all other Foreign legions and NS movements for that matter as well in my opinion. The most are horribly outdated, which also is the reason I started a FB group focussing on the subject just 2 days ago. Otherwise there isn’t much more besides Luc’s website, and a series of books written by a former Flemish volunteer, called “Vlaanderen in uniform” (Flanders in uniform) , but they are a bit outdated as well, and also a little pricey on today’s market.
There are alot of other books I could mention but most are also written in Dutch and not readily available outside of Belgium.

I surely will post the items I own when I have my displays ready, which won’t take very long anymore.
I only need 2 more belts , 2 shoulder straps , and a DJ or a Blank buckle and then I will have both an NSJV and a Flemish youth uniform finished and ready to be put on a mannequin and on display. :)

I asked for , and was given , permission so while your waiting on mine I’ll show you the ones that are owned by my friend that I’ve mentioned above though. They where publicely shown during a 1 day and 1 time only exposition he held abouth the different nationalist youth organizations over the years.
To my knowledge they are the only complete summer uniforms in existence. The ones I’m working on will be the second. :)
And while I’m at it I’ll show some other (extremely rare!!!) NSJV and DMS pieces he has in his collection as well.

So with all credits going out to him, his Father (RIP) , and all other former NSJV, DMS, Vlaamsche Jeugd, and HJ Flanders member's who contributed to this, I believe I have the pleasure to share something that will be a HJ Research Forum premier and exclusive with all of you…

Enjoy !

Attachments

Part 2

Attachments

…..

Attachments

Thank you very much, it was worth the wait, a big thank you also to your friend.
This is a subject that I like but which is rarely discussed due to lack of documentation or original artifact.
First time I've seen an authentic green shirt, magnificent !
the same for the landsknecht

This is everything i have (a little mix ! ) and some booklets and newspapers
I don't know anything about the little badge with the lion

Attachments

hello
are the jacket and cap the ones in the photo?(#15)
Hi, yes that’s the same jacket and cap you can see in the photograph. 🙂

Considering the 5 Items you show I can say the 3 stickpins are definitely originals .
From legt to right you have :

- NSJV , most of the time it was worn on the tie by the leadership , or by a member on the sidecap or the fieldcap as you can see in the photograph I posted.

- The one with the lion is for attendees at an annual vigil for the fallen Flemish soldiers in WW1 called the “ijzerwake” or the “ijzerbedevaart”. And thats a long but also an interesting story, which I will gladly share in another post if you like and if you don’t know it already , but first the pin…
The design and the pins already exist since the early 1930’s, so it’s impossible to tell if yours is a period one. It looks to have a little age on it so it’d definitely not a new one. But it could be a pre-, period-, or post-war example. You can still buy them today, even online, for the astronomical amount of 4€.

- The one on the right is from the VNV , which was the largest political party that collaborated with the Germans, and recruited volunteers for the Flemish foreign legion. They kept doing it until the end of the war, but after it’s leader died from a heart attack in 1942 , and his successor was killed on the eastern front in that same year. The leadership title was given to a less radical man who had a totally different view for Flanders then both the Fuhrer and the Reichsfuhrer. And with another political party , called the DeVlag , that was established by people that did share the views from Hitler and Himmler, they fell out of favor and where moved to the second place. On top of that many party members left the organization and the NSJV which was formed as the VNV’s Jungvolk branch separated itself from them, and strengthened their ties with the much more radical DeVlag and the Vlaamsche Jeugd.
Yep, a long and very complicated tale as well. 😅

Then your duo at the bottom… Would you mind sending me a PM for those 2 ?
I know exactly what that lion shield is, and I have a couple of questions about both of them. Also,
if you have the ability to measure and weigh the badge that would already be helpful.

Back