NSJV Flemish Jungvolk fanfare banner opinion

Thank you very much for your explanations, I would be very happy to hear the story of the lion badge.
I will attach the information to you in a PM.
The lion patch is a waffen-SS arm shield

Thank you very much for your explanations, I would be very happy to hear the story of the lion badge.
I will attach the information to you in a PM.
The lion patch is a waffen-SS arm shield
Yep , that’s exactly what it is. But I do have a few concerns I would like to share with you to make sure you haven’t been fooled. 😉

Hi Kevin
could you post some photos of the "jungvolk" armband .
there have already been posts on the subject but never absolute proof of the authenticity of the pieces presented. I am attaching a photo of mine, it is woven and not embroidered
merci

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Kevin
could you post some photos of the "jungvolk" armband .
there have already been posts on the subject but never absolute proof of the authenticity of the pieces presented. I am attaching a photo of mine, it is woven and not embroidered
merci

Hi, just a fast reply as I’m extremely busy at the moment, but to me yours looks original, handmade as was the case with almost every piece of cloth insignia before the official HJ was formed, but still original. The construction is exactly what you would expect from a Vlaamsche Jeugd armband.
I can show the one I have , which is similar to yours , and it also has the slim white band instead of the broad one you can see on my friends mannequin I posted. I don’t have that one in hand obviously though , so I need to pay him a visit first before I can show that one in more detail.

Why there are 2 different versions (one with the broad and one with the slimmer band) can be perfectly explained as there was the Vlaamsche Jeugd (broad band) before al the youth organizations where united and the NSJV was formed. Their was however a very short period of time (few weeks at most) where the DeVlag started up their own youth organization to gather as much youth as possible and don’t look foolish to the Reichsjugendfuhrung when they gave the green light to form actual HJ Vlaanderen. That organization was officially called the Vlaamsche Jeugd as well but was more commenly known as the Youth of Devlag (Slim band).
Because they would need uniforms and gear (even if it was only for a few weeks) and the NSJV was disbanded around the same time, there where more young candidates as expected, so improvisation was needed to gather as much gear as possible in a very short amount of time.
Regulations where hastily made up and basically every mother started working on their kids DIY uniform. Which is why you see the small band on most of these armbands and there are more of them as there are of the ones with the broader bands, but almost none of the Sig runes are identical. As you will see on mine as well.
This also partially explains why the pennant you see in can’t hardly be original as their simply wasn’t enough time for making those , and it would have been a waist even if their was enough time as well.

The reason why I’m so busy at the moment is because we decided that information like this needs to be documented for future generations , and accessible for everyone who wants to know.
We’re still contemplating how we are going to do it (writing a reference book or building a website) , but that it is going to happen is one thing that’s certain! 🙂

Anyway , here are a few photographs of my Vlaamsche Jeugd , of Youth of DeVlag armband.
I can always make more if you’d like,
I even have one that’s with 100% certainty fake that I picked up just for having reference material which I could show you , but as I said, it will probably take me a few days.
For being such a small country, and with Flanders being only half of it, there certainly where more then enough active youth organizations for us to cover. 😅

(On a side note : we discovered some new previously unknown material only last week , and because of that the number of known and identified NSJV trumpet banners can be increased from 3 to 5 now. More on that soon , I promise! 😉)

Cheers , Kevin.

Attachments

You’re very welcome. I’ll also try to answer at the rest as soon as possible , but as you can see I need to take my time or I make mistakes or forget to type words , and sometimes even parts of a whole sentence. (Side effects of 2 cerebral infarction’s in 2020 😕)
Besides that I also need to be a husband and a father sometimes , especially if I dont want to loose that first title. 😂
Cheers.

Collecting requires a lot of research and research takes a lot of time! So take the time !! There are more important things in life than collecting, even if it remains a devouring passion.

Back